Why become a member? ×

edit: SOLD {Moses graphite fretted bass neck}

[i][/i][b][color="#FF0000"]The item has been sold, 10 Aug. thanks for your interest[/color][/b]

Unlikely to proceed with another build for this neck, so here we have a 2 + 2 headstocked Moses graphite bass neck.
22 frets, Headstock takes GB7 tuners. Fits Fender neck pockets. has drill holes in headstock for tuners. comes with bolts. the heel has threaded inserts.
neck has side dots and no face dots. Has a truss rod, with adjustment at heel end. Matt black as is typical of Moses. (no large weave or diamond weave pattern visible.) Has moses logo, and a string retainer. Mounted item for a while on a Warmoth body, where I have normally have another Moses neck (a 21 fret Lefty Jazz) on for the extra fret, which I don't really need that much
so....

£140 or nearest offer, secures, payment via paypal. + postage
open to sensible offers. PM me if interested.

Edited by synaesthesia

[quote name='synaesthesia' post='41247' date='Aug 4 2007, 12:57 PM']Unlikely to proceed with another build for this neck, so here we have a 2 + 2 headstocked Moses graphite bass neck.
22 frets, Headstock takes GB7 tuners. Fits Fender neck pockets. has drill holes in headstock for tuners. comes with bolts. the heel has threaded inserts.
neck has side dots and no face dots. Has a truss rod, with adjustment at heel end. Matt black as is typical of Moses. (no large weave or diamond weave pattern visible.) Has moses logo, and a string retainer. Mounted item for a while on a Warmoth body, where I have normally have another Moses neck (a 21 fret Lefty Jazz) on for the extra fret, which I don't really need that much
so....

£140 or nearest off, secures, payment via paypal. + postage
open to sensible offers. PM me if interested.[/quote]
Hi , where abouts are you ? I've seen your profile on Arnies site, as I am a fellow lefty. Will this neck fit a precision? Cheers Steve.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='42175' date='Aug 6 2007, 09:07 PM']Hi , where abouts are you ? I've seen your profile on Arnies site, as I am a fellow lefty. Will this neck fit a precision? Cheers Steve.[/quote]

Hey Steve
I am in the East Mids area, somewhere between Derby and Notts.
The neck pocket of Fender is supposed to fit and it fit a Warmoth P bass body I tested it on. You'd have to fit a new nut or turn the nut around for true lefty playing unless you play upside down RH stringing.

PM me your profile at Arni's. I should send Arni an update of my stuff...I send him material fromtime to time re: lefties, but have not updated my profile for a while.

BTW, I see you have a Keith Bennion headless.... is he still in Birkenhead somewhere? I've been to his shop a couple of times ...probably late 80s early 90s.

Edited by synaesthesia

[quote name='steve-soar' post='43062' date='Aug 8 2007, 09:50 PM']My mistake. Taking a closer look at the photo the nut is for a righty. Yes Keith is still in Birkenhead and still making fine guitars and basses, another great luthier who deserves recognition. I take it that you are a lefty and build your own basses?[/quote]

Keith can sort the nut out for you no problem.....You can flip it yourself if you are so inclined, some people are, some people aren't.

I make and play my own basses & cabs mostly, though I have various commerically made lefty basses for this or that type of sound from my studio session days. The avatar on the left is me on my self made lefty fly. It now sports 2 Alembic J pickups and sonically I have no real reason to play my Fender J anymore except to look like I am playing a J.

Edited by synaesthesia