Why become a member? ×

COMPLETED: BFX-708 Bass Effects Processor

HeavyJay

For the postage (or collection), you can have a Zoom BFX708 Bass Effects processor that's been sat on a shelf next to my wife's flute (not played since school) and some piano books that got donated to me (never opened since I've had them).

I gigged it for a while so it's not in mint condition, I'll post pictures when I work out how.

This is a link to the manual: [url="http://www.zoom.co.jp/archive/English_Manual/E_BFX708.pdf"]http://www.zoom.co.jp/archive/English_Manual/E_BFX708.pdf[/url]

It's got a few issues:
[list]
[*]the input jack socket is a bit unreliable, I wouldn't gig it without checking out the soldering and all that, you can get intermittent sound from it with a wiggle.
[*]The thing takes 4 AA batteries but the battery cover is long gone.
[*]I think the power input is dodgy too.
[/list]

Other than that, it seems okay. If you're interested, let me know.

Edited to Add:
Already got a couple of offers, fast work!

I'll re-post it if they fall through.

Edited by HeavyJay

[quote name='HeavyJay' post='381804' date='Jan 15 2009, 10:26 PM']For the postage (or collection), you can have a Zoom BFX708 Bass Effects processor that's been sat on a shelf next to my wife's flute (not played since school) and some piano books that got donated to me (never opened since I've had them).

I gigged it for a while so it's not in mint condition, I'll post pictures when I work out how.

This is a link to the manual: [url="http://www.zoom.co.jp/archive/English_Manual/E_BFX708.pdf"]http://www.zoom.co.jp/archive/English_Manual/E_BFX708.pdf[/url]

It's got a few issues:
[list]
[*]the input jack socket is a bit unreliable, I wouldn't gig it without checking out the soldering and all that, you can get intermittent sound from it with a wiggle.
[*]The thing takes 4 AA batteries but the battery cover is long gone.
[*]I think the power input is dodgy too.
[/list]

Other than that, it seems okay. If you're interested, let me know.[/quote]

message sent.

[quote name='HeavyJay' post='381821' date='Jan 15 2009, 10:35 PM']Ash_sak by a whisker. Sorry mate.[/quote]

i posted a 'wanted: FX pedals' thread on this a week ago and i didn't think anyone would actually offer free fx.

i was sending that message as quickly as i could so i hope it made sense.

[quote name='ash_sak' post='381824' date='Jan 15 2009, 10:37 PM']i posted a 'wanted: FX pedals' thread on this a week ago and i didn't think anyone would actually offer free fx.

i was sending that message as quickly as i could so i hope it made sense.[/quote]

I got the gist mate!

Like I said, needs a bit of work but if you're handy I'm sure it can be resurrected.

[quote name='Kev' post='381822' date='Jan 15 2009, 10:36 PM']haha, no worries, tbh even if i did get their first id have let him have it since he actually posted a thread asking for free stuff ;)[/quote]

I totally missed that. It's been sitting on a shelf for ages now, I'm glad it can be made useful by someone.

Do you think this transaction means I need a feedback thread now? Even if it's free? :P

[quote name='HeavyJay' post='381832' date='Jan 15 2009, 10:42 PM']I got the gist mate!

Like I said, needs a bit of work but if you're handy I'm sure it can be resurrected.[/quote]

i aint particularly but i know a few guys who are a bit handy so they shall be getting a call soon.

And if you want some feedback i'm all for posting it, i dont know what the 'rules of feedback' are

Edited by ash_sak

[quote name='ash_sak' post='381839' date='Jan 15 2009, 10:43 PM']i aint particularly but i know a few guys who are a bit handy so they shall be getting a call soon.

And if you want some feedback i'm all for posting it, i dont know what the 'rules of feedback' are[/quote]

I'll get it sent over to you first, then we can sort stuff like that out later if necessary.

[quote name='HeavyJay' post='381850' date='Jan 15 2009, 10:51 PM']I'll get it sent over to you first, then we can sort stuff like that out later if necessary.[/quote]

class.

well i look forward to it.
If i can't get it fixed then i shall repost it so someone else can have a go though, if it's only a small problem then i imagine i can get it fixed.

thanks again.