Why become a member? ×

*Traded*EBS Proline 2x10 cabs x2

Josh

[quote name='Forcemaster' post='429682' date='Mar 9 2009, 07:13 PM']I didn't see this earlier! Doh!

I have a GK neo 2x12 i'd be willing to trade if you're still interested!
PM me![/quote]

You won't believe me but I've just literally commited to a deal on a 2x12 wirth RussFM only yesterday. Sorry man.

Edited by Josh

[quote name='Josh' post='429846' date='Mar 9 2009, 09:21 PM']You won't believe me but I've just literally commited to a deal on a 2x12 wirth RussFM only yesterday. Sorry man.[/quote]

Go for a pair of 2x12's - then you've got a full on 'rock-stack' of 4 x 12's :)

[quote name='molan' post='429849' date='Mar 9 2009, 09:25 PM']Go for a pair of 2x12's - then you've got a full on 'rock-stack' of 4 x 12's :)[/quote]

Thats just excessive Barrie, well.....damn you old man, you've given me filthy ideas!

[quote name='Josh' post='429851' date='Mar 9 2009, 09:26 PM']Thats just excessive Barrie, well.....damn you old man, you've given me filthy ideas![/quote]

I had a Trace 4x12 for a while - it was an absolute rock monster. An open E string could kill a grown man at 50 paces :)

[quote name='molan' post='430177' date='Mar 10 2009, 10:16 AM']I had a Trace 4x12 for a while - it was an absolute rock monster. An open E string could kill a grown man at 50 paces :)[/quote]

Well thanks to you I may very well be getting a 2nd 2x12, now surely you must be champing at the bit to come and hear it :rolleyes:.

[quote name='Josh' post='430180' date='Mar 10 2009, 10:20 AM']Well thanks to you I may very well be getting a 2nd 2x12, now surely you must be champing at the bit to come and hear it :).[/quote]

Better get those old grindcore albums out & start learning some killer riffs. . .

[quote name='molan' post='430193' date='Mar 10 2009, 10:29 AM']Better get those old grindcore albums out & start learning some killer riffs. . .[/quote]

Don't insult me :) !

I'm too old to be playing metal you see.

[quote name='molan' post='430201' date='Mar 10 2009, 10:39 AM']Tell that to Geezer :)

He's even playing a Lakland. . .

[/quote]

Me no likey the Sabbath, in both meanings :rolleyes:.

Respect though.

As I've said, as soon as I had quit the thrash band I was in and cut my hair, the want to play metal subsided.

[quote name='rockinbassman' post='430265' date='Mar 10 2009, 11:27 AM']Sweet (or shall I say LOUD!)[/quote]

Meh, not fussed with the volume, the tone though, it will blow the EBS out of the water.

[quote name='rockinbassman' post='430276' date='Mar 10 2009, 11:34 AM']Really? What do you find so different?[/quote]

GK are incredibly smooth sounding, the control over the mids is exactly what I want as well, whereas on the TD650 I was constantly wrestling with it and always ended up quite annoyed with the mids for being so damn irritating to control! If you want simple control over the mids and a much more warmer sounding head, I would happily suggest a GK 1001RBII. Also, the head runs so quietly as well.

Edited by Josh

[quote name='rockinbassman' post='430284' date='Mar 10 2009, 11:39 AM']Yeah, im looking for something with a bit more warmth, the EBS are a bit to clean cut for me know. Just need to shift my gear![/quote]

I don't know about clean, I'd say they are very harsh sounding. If I had the treble and bright controls cut, and the tweeters off, I would still get a nasty harsh tone, no warmth at all, and at loud volumes it just was pretty muddy and the tone became indistinct. Also I found the tube/boost controls next to useless.

This is interesting because I had the same view you have of EBS of my old GK setup! I always found it too harsh with not enough low end.

But my EBS has a really nicely defined low mid that I love, that doesn't sound clacky or harsh.
Just goes to show everything is subjectivve.