theshape101

SOLD Please Close!!! Neuser Courage 5
£1250
Cork,

Up for sale is this great Neuser Courage 5 string bass. I’m having a bit a of clear out so want to sell a few basses and I actually have 2 of these Neuser basses so this one must go. These are great playing and sounding basses and were handmade in Slovakia but they’re no longer made so are getting harder to come by these days!

Specs:

Alder Body wings

Birdseye Maple top

Neck thru construction

9 piece Maple neck with stringers

Ebony fingerboard

24 frets

34” scale

18mm adjustable string spacing

Bartolini pickups

Bartolini 3 band pre with mid freq selection

9.7lbs (4.4kg)

Comes with a hard case. 

I’m not looking for any trades.

A6C5044D-227D-46CE-84DA-2DD674C168B9.thumb.jpeg.7daf90156d2ffe4ac2a5be3e12e2ddce.jpeg

Edited by theshape101
  • Like 2

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Marky Screen
      Putting up my 5 string for the chop and sticking with the 4s for now.
      Amazing workhorse 5. Just really easy to play with a great range of passive tones that slots into all styles well.
      It's got a bit of light gig wear to it but otherwise great condition.
      Seemingly unavoidable PA speaker is too close to me small chips and scuff to the top of the headstock.
      Some light swirling to the finish but no serious wear or anything through the finish.
      Weight is 4.4kg on my kitchen scales.
      I can post at buyers risk in worn but functional CNB gig bag and boxed for £25.

• By Marc S
      I probably should have posted this over a week ago.... when I actually bought the bass! lol However, I decided to play it for a while first - to see how I got on with it

I keep thinking I should play a 5 string - then I keep falling in and out of love for 5 string basses, for various reasons. Usually, my reasons for selling are that I find the necks just a bit too chunky, or I find the bass is a tad too heavy..... or a combination of both. Sometimes, I don't find the string spacing to be very comfortable. This isn't something I find with 4 strings - I can usually adapt my playing. But with 5 strings I've found on a more comfortable width neck, the strings can be a bit too close for my right hand plucking (i.e. not enough room between strings for my fattish fingers)

To cut a long story short, I bought & sold a few 5'ers for a combination of the above reasons (or excuses). Actually, on the point of the weight of a bass - it's not something that used to bother me too much. However, my increasing age and ageing joints / shoulders / back have made this factor ever more important.

So my thinking was - where can I find a lightweight 5 string bass, which is lightweight and has a neck which isn't too wide (or wide plus deep) but isn't too narrow string spacing at the bridge? Fussy old BC'er, aren't I?   So I turned to Ibanez. I've owned Ibby's in the past and always found them to be great instruments. In fact, I once owned the 4 string version of this bass, the SDGR 500 - a bass I was well pleased with.

I have to say that so far, I'm really liking this bass! It was a local purchase too. It's very light for a 5'er - I think it's around 3.5kg. The neck is a comfortable width, and it's slim front-to-back, so I can get my hand around it easily enough. Also, the string spacing seems very comfortable too. It's narrow-ish at the nut, but the neck tapers enough to make the spacing good for my right hand... plus, the bridge allows for some lateral position adjustment too  The quality of construction is really good - it feels a solid build, and the finish is really nice. No sticky left hand on a glossy neck - it's really nice satin sort of feel. I like the dark wood colour too.

The electronics are great, and the 2 active Bartolini pickups are superb. As I expected, It's more of a modern sounding bass than my current collection of basses - but that's not an entirely bad thing. It's another choice for me to make, depending on the gig I'm playing. Another added bonus is that the pickups and electrics work in passive mode, and it even works with no battery - so no worries about a battery going flat mid-gig.

Now all I have to do, is to get my spatial awareness up to speed for 5 string playing. I've been noodling at home, and took the bass to one garden room / semi-open-air trio jam. I did make a few errors, hitting the wrong string DOH - but it's been a while since I last played a 5'er for any length of time.

• By Bloopdad1
      5 String double bass extensively improved. Beautiful sound - great B string. 
      4/4 Unlabelled Possibly Hungarian?
      Very clear sound, recently fitted with new Pirastro Permanent strings (spiro B string).
      Easy to play with 104cm string stop and a low action at the nut. "Harp" style tail piece. 2 piece back and front. Adjustable bridge. 22.5cm lower bout ribs, LOB 114cm. Good straight grain, no buzzes, splits or cracks. Speaks well across all the neck in all registers. 
      Extensively modified by R Dawson and the Contrabass Shoppe in 2008 which included - top removed and re-graded, new bass bar, new maple neck, new finger board and new machine tuners. (details provided by T Houska - this work cost £3500).
      Recent service (Feb 2021), clean and setup by Martin Jones.
      Recently played as my main bass. 
      More details and photos can be supplied on request.

• By silentbob
      Picked this up a couple of months back to have another try with five strings. Not sure what I was thinking because I struggle with four so in light of some recent purchases I  think I will move this on.
      The Good Points
      It's a good, solid 5 string bass which punches above it's weight. Body is Bubinga wood, fingerboard is Rosewood. The neck is super flat and really nice to play. Hardware and pickups are by Wilkinson. The four pots are Volume, Tone, Bass, and Pickup Blend.
      The Bad Points
      It has a few marks and dings (the previous owner toured Europe with it) but nothing major, just general, light, wear and tear.
      When I picked it up, it had a really low output, and the pickup blend pot was crackly when adjusted. On inspection, the battery had leaked and corroded the battery clip, so I replaced that and stuck in a new 9v which sorted the output issue. I haven't gotten around to fixing the pot yet. It may just need a squirt of cleaner, or it may need a replacement soldering in, both of which should be pretty simple and are reflected in the price.
      Price is £125. This does not include shipping but does include a crap Fender gig bag to carry it home in. Shipping could possibly be arranged. I have a box, and can upgrade to a better more padded gigbag, but this will push the price to £160.
      I would also consider a trade for a high end (Mono, Sadowsky) gig bag with money either way.
      Socially distanced collection or viewing is welcome, as is PayPal if fees are covered.
      Any questions, please ask.

• By fliegerhands
      Hi all,
      I'm selling my delightful Dingwall NG2 5 string bass in black. This is due to already having an ABI 5, so this isn't getting as much use as it deserves!
      I bought it new in summer 2020 and it's only had some home use since. It's fully set up, the intonations great and it plays beautifully. 
      I did fit a satin black pickguard from Quickguards (https://quickguards.com/) onto it, but I will also include the origional scratchplate if you want to swap back. It's also been fitted with Schaller strap lock buttons (I will also give you the part that fits onto the strap) but I will supply you with the origional buttons if you'd like.
      This bass also comes with the Dingwall case pictured. Collection from the Brighton (England, UK) area prefferred -  shipping would be at extra cost to the buyer. Please ask if you'd like more info and pics!
      Full specs and details are below:
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      The Dingwall NG-2 is the signature instrument of Adam "Nolly" Getgood, bassist for progressive metal titans Periphery. Reflecting Nolly's highly-technical playing style, the NG2 can meet the demands of any modern bass player, with its range of cutting-edge features.
      Dingwall are renowned for crafting instruments of the utmost quality, and the NG2 is no exception. Taking conventional construction to the next level with a multi-scale design, this bass offers immense playability while projecting some of the most precise tones we've ever heard from a bass.
      Construction
      The NG2 boasts an elegant and sleek body design, especially with its carbon fibre print pickguard. But looks aside, it is the instrument's materials that are more key to its focused and detailed sound. With the body formed from Alder, this tonewood has a strong mid-range bark that pumps out balanced lows and crisp highs, allowing notes to sound broad yet lively.
      Paired with a bolt-on Maple neck, this bright-sounding material further accentuates the instrument's top-end presence, with its 5-piece design offering incredible strength and stability. Letting notes cut through effortlessly in even the most frantic of mixes, the Maple neck's bolt-on joint also enhances their definition and attack.
      Multi-Scale Design
      The most noteworthy feature of the NG-2 is its multi-scale design. With a 37" scale on the low B string and a 34" scale on the G, the higher string tension on the lower strings gives the bass more punch and clarity where it matters most.
      Utilising fanned frets, these allow for super-accurate intonation across the entire fingerboard, with their slanted placement suiting the natural resting position of your hand. It may look odd at first, but you'd be surprised at how easy it is to adapt to this type of neck!
      Electronics & Hardware
      The NG2 is installed with a pair of punchy Dingwall-designed FD-3N pickups. These deliver the thunderous and aggressive sounds most synonymous with Nolly, featuring Neodymium magnets for improved definition. The pickups are placed close to the bridge to further boost the instrument's upper mid-range response, for increased clarity when fighting against the sound of multiple guitars.
      Featuring a master volume control, the NG2 also boasts a 4-way rotary pickup selector that lets you use each pickup alone, or in conjunction with one another in series or parallel modes. With an active/passive switch that can let you achieve vintage and modern voicings, it is the Darkglass 3-band preamp that really sets this bass apart. Giving you control over the three main areas of the NG2's EQ, you can tailor the sound of the bass to suit practically any style of music, not solely metal.
      The NG2 is also kitted out with tour-grade hardware appointments, including lightweight open-gear tuners that offer a smooth feel for precise pitching. The NG2's highly-adjustable staggered bridge design also allows each string to vibrate more freely, for greater sustain and resonance.
      Specifications:
      Body
      Material: Alder
      Finish: Polyester Base, Polyurethane Colour
      Pickguard: Satin black (Carbon Fibre Print pickguard also included)
      Neck
      Material: Maple, 5-Piece
      Fingerboard: Maple
      Fingerboard Radius: 240mm (9.45”)
      Scale Length: 37" (B) - 34" (G)
      Carve: Medium Thin C-Shape
      Reinforcement: Heavy Duty Truss-Rod
      Headstock: Matching, Flat w/ String Retaining Bar
      Nut Width: 45.5mm (1.8")
      Frets: 24
      Fret Size: 'Banjo'
      Fret Material: 18% Hard Nickel Silver
      Electronics & Hardware
      Pickups: Dingwall FD-3N (Neodymium Magnets)
      Controls: Master Volume, 4-Way Rotary Pickup Selector, 3-Band Darkglass Preamp w/ Active/Passive Toggle Switch
      Hardware Colour: Smoked Chrome
      Tuners: Open-Back
      Knobs: Knurled Dome-Style
      Input Jack: Switchcraft
      Other
      Gigbag: Dingwall Gigbag
      Factory Tuning: B Standard