Why become a member? ×

Wan Bernadel Deluxe Upright Bass

bassadder

Dear All

I have a beautiful example of this model [url="http://www.stringemporium.com/bernadel.htm"]http://www.stringemporium.com/bernadel.htm[/url] and I'm testing the water to see if there is any interest in her out there. I got her in February 2008 from a lovely chap near Oxford who imported her direct from Steve at The String Emporium. I had my luthier do a full set-up, install a Fishman Full Circle and put a on a full set of Velvet Anima strings (this came to around £ 600.00). The only minor things that have been done are a couple of cracks professionally repaired on the bottom again by luthier who has re-varnished them and unless I showed them to you you wouldn't know they were there, this is very normal for double basses. I've played this bass virtually everyday since the beginning of August and have done a lot of gigs on her, the sound is really beginning to open up and she is very easy to play.

I'm not sure how much to put it for the current price of this model is $ 4950.00 which with VAT at 15% and duty at anything from 4 - 6% makes this bass around £ 4100.00 before shipping and a proper set-up, I'm not interested in trades just sensible offers over £ 2500.00.

The reason I'm selling well my old french bass (a Jacquet-Gand from around 1860 if anyone's interested) is now virtually restored and I should get her back at the end of the month so I no longer need the Wan.

Anything else the sale doesn't include a gigbag.

If you any questions just mail me

[attachment=18548:Alan_Glen_Trio_1.jpg]

Hi Keith

I'll put some more up in the next couple days though it's exactly the same as the bass on the String Emporium website. The Maple on the bass is incredible lots beautiful of figure.

I'm up in Carlisle.

Cheers
Laurence

[quote name='Mr Bassman' post='378463' date='Jan 12 2009, 11:33 PM']Got any more pics?

Where are you based?

cheers
Keith[/quote]

Hi Alex

Thanks for the kind offer but I need to re-coup my investment to pay for the restoration of my old French bass.

If you go to [url="http://cdbaby.com/cd/claudewerner"]http://cdbaby.com/cd/claudewerner[/url] you get any idea how the bass sounds

Cheers

Laurence

[quote name='thebeeps' post='380402' date='Jan 14 2009, 04:41 PM']Hi Laurence
Would you be interested in a trade ?

Cheers
Alex[/quote]

[quote name='bassadder' post='385769' date='Jan 20 2009, 10:35 AM']Hi Keith

Likewise, I'm down your neck of the woods at the end of the month at some hotel in Ripon if that's any good.

Cheers

Laurence[/quote]

Could be, if it's Saturday 31st I've two gigs in the evening, but would be free daytime.

[quote name='bassadder' post='386069' date='Jan 20 2009, 01:50 PM']Yep it's 31st the gig starts at 7pm so I'll need to be there at 6 to 6-30pm is that to late for you?.

Cheers

Laurence[/quote]

That would be too late for me.
If you could come over in the afternoon you could have something to eat at ours before the gig, or you'd be welcome to stay the night after the gigs and do bass things in the morning!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the call on Saturday and the very kind offer it's very much appreciated.

I'm back down in Masham on Febraury 21st same time around 6 but this time I shouldn't have any gigs or rehearsals in the afternoon so I'll definately have time to meet you before hand. What's your dairy looking like for that date?

Many thanks in advance

[quote name='Mr Bassman' post='391549' date='Jan 26 2009, 11:28 AM']That would be too late for me.
If you could come over in the afternoon you could have something to eat at ours before the gig, or you'd be welcome to stay the night after the gigs and do bass things in the morning![/quote]