Why become a member? ×

FS: 1981 Fender Precision Special ON HOLD
£900
Newcastle upon Tyne

dodge_bass

I took this in a trade a while back but it's never been used bar a few times in the studio and the neck is a little wide so hoping to shift it on.

1981 Fender Precision Special - been used a fair bit as can be seen from the pictures (some will call it mojo!). As far as can see it's all original bar one strap button (silver not gold), the jack input (also not gold) and one of the tone pots which has been replaced (I do have the original along with the active circuity schematic). Neck is straight and you can get a good low action on it. The active circuity works. but I think probably needs a little attention (reflected in the price) - it's a bit crackly at times and if you crank it fully up it can screech a bit. IMPORTANT TO NOTE THERE IS A PASSIVE / ACTIVE SWITCH ON THESE BASSES so it's totally usable in passive mode as it currently stands and may be fine for you in active mode too. There's one for sale here for £1495 (https://classicandcoolguitars.co.uk/portfolio/1981-fender-p-bass-special/) so this is a decent price for a nearly 40 year old bass that just needs a little love and attention. Price includes shipping and a decent quality gator hardcase.

EDIT:

1st question via PM - Weight - 4.78Kg.

2nd questions via PM - not original hard case

Any questions please drop me a PM.

Thanks

Ian 

IMG_3586.jpg

IMG_3587.jpg

IMG_3588.jpg

IMG_3589.jpg

IMG_3590.jpg

IMG_3591.jpg