Why become a member? ×

Bit of a Bummer with Little Mark.....

yorks5stringer

My Little Mark II packed up on Friday night during the setup before the gig. It made an extremely distorted sound upon switching on, the clip light came on permanently and then no sound came out at all. I have an idea why it went u/s but don't wish to speculate at this stage....
Had to do the gig patched through the PA which was weird with no monitor.
Unfortunately I bought it from Playback in France so although it is under warranty expect to be without it for at least 3 weeks.
Have decided, after following the Hartke LH500 thread to buy a backup although it is comparativly the size of a small house!
Let's hope they have some in stock and can get it to me before next gig on Saturday!

P.S. I was tempted to open it up and have a fiddle but did not want any comeback if I could not fix it.
P.P.S. Sorry about all the double entendres

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='tonybassplayer' post='377141' date='Jan 11 2009, 09:00 PM']I have no gig next weekend so if you get very desperate you can borrow my very under rated and unfashionable but done me well for two years Behringer amp and cab or cabs or I have a 150 watt Trace Elliot combo also if preferred.

Tony[/quote]

Thanks Tony and it was my first thought to borrow: then I thought it would be useful to have my own back-up anyway. However if it does not turn up in time I may be back to you!
Thanks

keith

Just spoken with Absolute and getting the well regarded Hartke LH500 at the bargain price of £184.13, down from the £249 price before Xmas. Good job I did not look at the thread earlier and at that price my original plan to use it until the LMII is repaired and then sell on could be modified to keep it as back-up.
Hopefully it should arrive Tuesday, in time for rehearsal with our new drummer.