Why become a member? ×

Rockwood? 80's bass?

agroupuk

Hey all,

Does anyone know what a 'Rockwood' bass by Hohner might be like build, sound etc?

Theres a guy selling one cheaply but I cant say I have heard of one before. It looks like a precision. Advertised as an 1980's bass.

Anyway - just asking as I am a little tempted and could use any info to help me make a decision on buying it or not.

Thanks for any input.

Edd

[quote name='agroupuk' post='376551' date='Jan 11 2009, 12:38 AM']Hey all,

Does anyone know what a 'Rockwood' bass by Hohner might be like build, sound etc?

Theres a guy selling one cheaply but I cant say I have heard of one before. It looks like a precision. Advertised as an 1980's bass.

Anyway - just asking as I am a little tempted and could use any info to help me make a decision on buying it or not.

Thanks for any input.

Edd[/quote]

They were Hohner's cheap brand in the 80s or early 90s. I think they were branded ''Rockwood by Hohner''. I used to have one, and it was horrible! Poorly made, crap pickups, and all round nasty! Nowhere near the quality of the proper Hohners (I've got one of the Hohner's Steinberger copies which is great).

Edited by simon1964

I tried one at a gig a year or so ago. The Bass Player in the other Band on the bill was using one. Not a bad neck, (bit too chunky for my taste) decent action, but he said the electronics had no 'meat' to them when he bought it, so he'd upgraded the pickups. (Sounded nice on-stage) He was happy though , because he'd bought his cheaply as well. ;)