Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot GP11 Preamp

Bassmanc

Hi, I'm currently trying to sell a load of equipment, but amongst the list is a Trace Elliot Preamp. It's got damage to 4 of the 11 graphic faders after a guitar fell against it some years back. As the faders all still work (they're just a bit fiddly to adjust) I never got around to the repair. I even ordered replacement faders, but I have no idea where these are now.

Assuming that the faders are still an off-the-shelf item, could you give me some idea of the likely cost of a repair without seeing the unit? - It's not going to be worth a great deal even with the faders repaired, but if it's relatively economic to do it I would have it sorted.

Many thanks!

Edited by Bassmanc

[quote name='Bassmanc' post='376206' date='Jan 10 2009, 03:26 PM']Hi, I'm currently trying to sell a load of equipment, but amongst the list is a Trace Elliot Preamp. It's got damage to 4 of the 11 graphic faders after a guitar fell against it some years back. As the faders all still work (they're just a bit fiddly to adjust) I never got around to the repair. I even ordered replacement faders, but I have no idea where these are now.

Assuming that the faders are still an off-the-shelf item, could you give me some idea of the likely cost of a repair without seeing the unit? - It's not going to be worth a great deal even with the faders repaired, but if it's relatively economic to do it I would have it sorted.

Many thanks![/quote]

You would be much better off getting a quote from a local technie as postage cost alone would write off me doing it. Also I don't have the time anymore for general repair work.

Sorry i can't help

[quote name='DHA' post='376215' date='Jan 10 2009, 03:44 PM']You would be much better off getting a quote from a local technie as postage cost alone would write off me doing it. Also I don't have the time anymore for general repair work.

Sorry i can't help[/quote]

No problem - I have no idea where you are, but I have had a local guy recommended. Thanks