Why become a member? ×

Pair of Rode NT2000 LDC's

Hi,

I'm looking to get rid of my beloved pair of Rode NT2000 large diaphragm condensers, in hard cases with spider suspension mounts. work excellently, and they're a well matched pair. One of them has had the grille glued back in with hot glue to absorb the rattle it had from the factory. Now performs better than new.

Solid construction, excellent sound and very versatile. continuously variable between cardioid, through all cardioid variations, through omni, to figure eight. work very nicely in a stereo pair, and I have produced results with these and a high quality preamp which beat a £3500 soundfield mic. no recordings as I don't have protools at the moment and guess which program I recorded them in and didn't bounce out of :)

These go for £280 each new, I'm asking £180 each posted, or £350 for both, inc. postage. I take fastidiously good care of my gear and these have always been stored in humidity controlled mic lockers, in hard cases with regularly replaced silica gel bags over the capsules.

Might be tempted by trades of any bass gear of similar value, or an EBS microbass II and a chunk of cash... whatcha got?

J

Edited by jamesf

[quote name='jamesf' post='366658' date='Dec 30 2008, 10:03 PM']I take fastidiously good care of my gear and these have always been stored in humidity controlled mic lockers, in hard cases with regularly replaced silica gel bags over the capsules.
J[/quote]

Sad Bastard though he might be - he's not lying!!

[quote name='slaphappygarry' post='367039' date='Dec 31 2008, 01:18 PM']I bought some mics from J a few months back and they arrived in great shape and perfectly as described.

Good luck.

G[/quote]

Thanks G, I thought you'd come back to buy some more off me! :)

[quote name='jamesf' post='367416' date='Dec 31 2008, 08:11 PM']Thanks G, I thought you'd come back to buy some more off me! :)[/quote]

Heh,

This year I have a pair of TLM 170's or a U87 in my sights.

:huh: The NT5's have serviced me very well this year so far. A simple matched pair of tools that ever let me down.

Cheers again.

G

[quote name='The Funk' post='374018' date='Jan 8 2009, 01:39 PM']Hmm... my cousin could be in the market for a pair of drum overheads. I'll let him know about these.[/quote]

Excellent. They make superb drum overheads, and are very flexible, being multi-pattern. In a good, big room they sound amazing in omni pattern, but in smaller rooms the rear rejection of the cardioid pattern means you can get great recordings anywhere. They have pads and filters built in too, which are very handy. I've been using them for stereo classical recording as well as overheads and vocals, and have got some great results.

Let me know,

J

• 4 weeks later...