Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN - 5 String double bass for sale - gauging interest

Subfeeder

I bought a 5 string double bass last September but have found I don't have enough time to practice. I am thinking of selling and am just gauging if anyone would be interested in buying it. It's a German plywood bass made around 1980. It has a very good pizz tone - I think arco is OK but I don't use the bow much so wouldn't like to say. It's set up for pizz - reasonable action and a good tone with new Thomastik spirocores. I have put a K&K bass max pickup on it which works very well. It's a nice looking bass - a kind of mid brown colour and looks fairly aged. A few scuffs but all cosmetic. The B string works very well - strong and full with loads of sustain. When I bought it I was worried that the B string would be hard to master but it's not a problem at all and is great for funk tunes or the last note on a ballad. It has a bow - not high quality but adequate. Also a good padded case with lots of pockets and a carry strap.
Contact me via this forum if interested. Sensible offers only. Could provide pics if interested. I am based in Worthing, West Sussex.

Edited by jassibi

[quote name='jassibi' post='365534' date='Dec 29 2008, 03:36 PM']I bought a 5 string double bass last September but have found I don't have enough time to practice. I am thinking of selling and am just gauging if anyone would be interested in buying it. It's a German plywood bass made around 1980. It has a very good pizz tone - I think arco is OK but I don't use the bow much so wouldn't like to say. It's set up for pizz - reasonable action and a good tone with new Thomastik spirocores. I have put a K&K bass max pickup on it which works very well. It's a nice looking bass - a kind of mid brown colour and looks fairly aged. A few scuffs but all cosmetic. The B string works very well - strong and full with loads of sustain. When I bought it I was worried that the B string would be hard to master but it's not a problem at all and is great for funk tunes or the last note on a ballad. It has a bow - not high quality but adequate. Also a good padded case with lots of pockets and a carry strap.
Contact me via this forum if interested. Sensible offers only. Could provide pics if interested. I am based in Worthing, West Sussex.[/quote]

PM'd