Why become a member? ×

Alright! Hello's from Bath!

chiSEERKIND

Hi there all,

The name's Chi and i'm a bassplayer with less money than I'd like!

I use a MIM Fender P-bass Special (J neck and J bridge pickup), a "customised" Epiphone Thunderbird (Wired in a pickup selector and kill switch... for no reason than sh*ts and giggles). I also use an old 80's Westone Thunder 1-A... 18\/olt act. circuit... nice old and loud.

I run an old 72 (I'm told) Ampeg S\/T-\/R Blueline and an 810 cab. I'm "keeping it warm" for a bloke who after two years wants it back! The cheek! Haha.
So now i need to bolster my solid-state rig with a tube preamp cause i can't go on without that tube tone! So if anyone can help me out or know of a tube pre going beggin, hit me up!

Solid state rig is all PEA\/EY... 700W head, 2 115 cabs and (soon to be) 2 410 cabs

All E/H effects, Big Muff, Bass synth and small stone.

So thats me, cheap and cheerful, more \/olume than talent.

How goes it Basschat minions?

[quote name='chiSEERKIND' post='364464' date='Dec 27 2008, 09:09 PM']Hi there all,

The name's Chi and i'm a bassplayer with less money than I'd like!

I use a MIM Fender P-bass Special (J neck and J bridge pickup), a "customised" Epiphone Thunderbird (Wired in a pickup selector and kill switch... for no reason than sh*ts and giggles). I also use an old 80's Westone Thunder 1-A... 18\/olt act. circuit... nice old and loud.

I run an old 72 (I'm told) Ampeg S\/T-\/R Blueline and an 810 cab. I'm "keeping it warm" for a bloke who after two years wants it back! The cheek! Haha.
So now i need to bolster my solid-state rig with a tube preamp cause i can't go on without that tube tone! So if anyone can help me out or know of a tube pre going beggin, hit me up!

Solid state rig is all PEA\/EY... 700W head, 2 115 cabs and (soon to be) 2 410 cabs

All E/H effects, Big Muff, Bass synth and small stone.

So thats me, cheap and cheerful, more \/olume than talent.

How goes it Basschat minions?[/quote]

Christ, I'm still using a crappy little 15w and a beginner bass!