Left leaderboard
Friskydingo

Mark bass III and Little Marcus difference

23 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

You must have been on the spinach to lift a Peavey 410 on your own 😁

:D

I was in good shape, working out etc, so weight was not much of a problem. However, I'm only 5ft 7", so the bulk + weight combined made it an unpleasant experience. Fortunately I only had to carry it to the 1st floor and the staircase was wide, so it was manageable. A few years earlier I lived on an old block of flats with high ceilings. Narrow staircase, steep. Mine was on the 3rd floor. I had bought a Laney VC50 212 combo on eBay that weighed like a small planet. The UPS guy called from downstairs and said he was not carrying it up for me, and I had to take it by myself, or he'd take it back to the depot and I could arrange to pick it up there. I was not driving at the time so I just said "sure, I'll take it, how hard can it be?".

Well... it was hard. I could have opened the box and at least used the handles to lift it, but no, I just took the whole box and loaded it onto my shoulder. There were a couple of moments where I nearly lost my balance and had a vision of my heavy amplifier dropping to the ground floor over the staircase's banister... I do not recommend doing that. 

My cabs now are about 14Kg each. No more crazy lifting. Of course, now that I have lightweight gear I live in a house with the car parked 1.5 metres from the door and no climbing stairs needed...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Andy
      For sale is my Markbass 121-lie Alain Caron. I've owned this from new and it's in excellent condition (home use only).
      No trades sorry. Collection only.
      Markbass info: http://www.markbass.it/product-detail/combo-121-lite-strong-alain-caron-strong/
      Detailed video here:

http://www.markbass.it/product-detail/combo-121-lite-strong-alain-caron-strong/

• By ChrisGordon
      Price Drop - NOW £90
      Really lovely bass reverb pedal in great condition. 6 settings/modes with a wet blend (very useful!) Comes with PSU. 

IMG_6025.HEIC
    • By jay bass
      Markbass Compressore

In used but excellent working condition
      Complete  with psu and printed instructions
      Always been cased in use and in transit .
      Kept in a clean dry atmosphere when not in use.
      Please check my other items for sale
      I have some other Bass  related items for sale
      Collection welcome , you are welcome to try it before buying .
      I am located in cambs PE285AP for collection or will post if preferred

COMPRESSORE is a state-of-the-art compression tool that allows you to control gain, threshold, ratio, attack and release. The pedal also true bypass, which means that when the compressor is ‘off’, your signal goes directly from the input jack to the output jack without any degradation of audio quality. 
      CONTROLS
      GAIN
      THRESHOLD
      RATIO
      ATTACK
      RELEASE
      VOLUME 
      ON/OFF SWITCH
      REAR PANEL
      INPUT jack
      OUTPUT jack
      POWER jack (DC 12V)

• By Mattbass97
      As of right now my combo has developed an unbearable whining sound when switched on (see video)
      I have checked different plugs around the house and have never experienced this issue before here or at any venue or rehearsal space.
      It is unaffected by any of the controls and happens regardless of whether anything is plugged in.
      Absolutely nothing has changed in its normal operation to create this fault so I’m stuck...
      One thing I did notice is that a fairly hefty smack to the back of the combo temporarily knocked the whining off - mechanical issue somewhere??
      If anyone has any idea what’s wrong please do let me know, it would be much appreciated!!

IMG_7731.MOV
    • By ChrisGordon
      MarkBass Superbooster. Been a while since they made these I think. Really good quality clean boost as well as the VLE and VPF filters that mark bass are known for. the VLE gives you that old school sound whereas the VPF gives that scooped sound. The pedal is in good condition and comes with PSU. 
      IMG_6024.HEIC