Why become a member? ×

Sultans of Swing Tab

AM1

[quote name='escholl' post='361502' date='Dec 22 2008, 10:30 PM']Haha maybe, I never played much by way of the chorus....the verse is much more fun to play.

if you don't mind, which bits aren't right?[/quote]

Hi again, I love them both, the possibilities of adding little runs are endless!

If I get a chance tomorrow I will PM you, there are a few notes in the tab that sound a half step out, but I can't be sure until I get a proper chance to listen again.

As you rightly said, angling the neck up a bit does make a big difference, I managed to squeeze in a few more hours tonight, great fun, man I love playing fine tunage!!!!

[quote name='AM1' post='361598' date='Dec 23 2008, 12:27 AM']Hi again, I love them both, the possibilities of adding little runs are endless!

If I get a chance tomorrow I will PM you, there are a few notes in the tab that sound a half step out, but I can't be sure until I get a proper chance to listen again.

As you rightly said, angling the neck up a bit does make a big difference, I managed to squeeze in a few more hours tonight, great fun, man I love playing fine tunage!!!![/quote]

Awesome, I'm glad to hear that new neck position worked out for you :)

If you manage to figure out what notes are off I'd really appreciate it, haven't yet found a guitarist who'll play along with me, but when I do I don't want to be out of key haha ^_^
Such a great song for the bass though, and in general really -- one of my all time favorites. I haven't played it in aggggeeesss though -- and I never added any extra runs, I was too rubbish (probably still am! :huh:)

Edited by escholl

[quote name='escholl' post='361604' date='Dec 23 2008, 12:44 AM']Awesome, I'm glad to hear that new neck position worked out for you :)

If you manage to figure out what notes are off I'd really appreciate it, haven't yet found a guitarist who'll play along with me, but when I do I don't want to be out of key haha ^_^
Such a great song for the bass though, and in general really -- one of my all time favorites. I haven't played it in aggggeeesss though -- and I never added any extra runs, I was too rubbish (probably still am! :huh:)[/quote]

Hi again, it is a bit better, still pain there but hey ho!

I agree, it is a classic, classic bassline - it doesn't have to be technical and complex to be classic and Sultans is also one of my all time favourites!

Listen to the musicianship in that or even private investigations and most "modern" bands are a f*cking joke in comparison.

You can find on youtube, guitarists that play it so it is fun to play along or use itunes but manipulate the equaliser so you can configure what instruments stay in..

Rgds
AM