Why become a member? ×

Amp Effects

tiffen

Hi All,
Has anyone seen a bass effects pedal that has different amps and guitars pre-set in them. I thought I read somewhere about a bass pedal that did this and also you could download patches for individual styles of songs to mimic exactly how the original was done. This would help no end if there was as I seem to spend a lot of time trying to fiddle with different settings to get near songs. If anyone knows of an effects pedal as such please let me know as I have some xmas money burning a hole in my pocket.
cheers Jim

Hi All,
I have been looking round and found what I was mumbling on about. What I was reffering to was line 6 PODS etc. Line 6 have an online library where individual tones are stored where you download them to your pod via a PC.

Does anyone Know of any other manufacture other than line6 who allows you to download ready made tones and transfer them to your effects unit. I found line6 stuff is generally more expensive than others.

cheers Jim

[quote name='tiffen' post='360685' date='Dec 22 2008, 08:32 AM']Hi All,
I have been looking round and found what I was mumbling on about. What I was reffering to was line 6 PODS etc. Line 6 have an online library where individual tones are stored where you download them to your pod via a PC.

Does anyone Know of any other manufacture other than line6 who allows you to download ready made tones and transfer them to your effects unit. I found line6 stuff is generally more expensive than others.

cheers Jim[/quote]

Hi Jim,
You could try the cheaper Behringer Bass V-Amp [url="http://www.behringer.com/LX1-B/?lang=ENG"]Bass V-Amp[/url]. There is also an online tone library.
No experience of one myself, personally prefer pedals, but someone one here has probably used one before.
Cheers

I have used and owned both. The Behringer isn't bad for the money and is quite useable, though I think line 6's current product line is seriously good. It depends on what you need as it seems to me that quite a lot of bass players don't like patches and routing systems under their feet, but would prefer a more simplistic manual 'pedals' lay out. If, however you like to be able to tweak and save settings to your hearts content, I would recommend the POD XT Pro as a full on recording and live tool.