Why become a member? ×

SOLD! Yamaha TRB 5II Lefty translucent blue great feeler
£570
osnabrück Germany

Hello,
I am selling my beautiful Yamaha TRB 5II bass in the left-handed version. The bass is finished in transparent blue with matching headstock.
This is one of the first basses in this series, built in Japan in march 1998. It is equipped with two Alnico V humbuckers (single coil + dummy coil) and a 3 band electronic. The neck (35") is made of maple with a rosewood fretboard fitted with 24 frets and a bone nut. This TRB is not light wighted but very comfortable to play. Ash (Lite-Ash) was chosen as the body wood.
The TRB 5II has a direct, tight tone, which reproduces every single note in great detail. Also the B-string is very concrete in the sound reproduction. Even when the bass EQ is turned to max, the TRB does not tend to thump. This bass offers a lot of low ends, which makes him a Reggae Monster if you want. The heights are silvery and not intrusive and provide crisp slap and pick sounds.
The bass is in good, used condition. Of course it has some dings and dongs. A slightly larger one on the back of the instrument. These quirks, however, are only cosmetic damage, the bass is working properly and can play excellent.

The TRB 5II is located in Germany. But shipping to the UK is not a problem (except to the Channel Islands). I am happy to add a leather strap.

IMG_3680.JPG

IMG_3681.JPG

IMG_3682.JPG

IMG_3683.JPG

IMG_3684.JPG

IMG_3685.jpg

Edited by bassmitlinks

I've had two of these, and both were excellent! Great players, wide range of tones and tough! What's cool about the dummy coils is there is an internal trimpot for each pickup individually to blend in as much or as little of the dummy coil signal as you like. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...