Why become a member? ×

I'm after a favour from the Bass Collection owning fraternity. I'll get the humour out of the way first. 

I replaced the pre-amp in my 88 Bass Collection as I had a spare Bartolini one kicking around. When I removed the old one I was very careful to diagram where all the wires went and that drawing was parceled away in a small box. Fast forward to now and the Bart is playing up, so I'd like to replace the original pre. I opened the box and to my horror/amusement the wiring diagram turns out to be a shopping list.

Now I have 2 other Bass Collection, both with different pre-amps to the 88.

Is there a BC owner with a bass using the same pre-amp that could identify what goes where for me? I have attached pics of my pre-amp, it is the one with the "dip" switch that seems to do nothing and 2 wires are still present. I assume these are ground and signal out that go to the jack. So I need to know where the pickups are wired to etc. Hope that makes sense and that someone can help out.88_Pre3.thumb.jpg.49b14c07729323a220f32894bcf78413.jpg88_Pre2.thumb.jpg.f16d24f3fbbf4c95a6809e6a9d8431a9.jpg88_Pre1.thumb.jpg.3337719d4dbebc83957dec1c714070ad.jpg

Edited by BassBunny

• 10 months later...
Guest marekki

Hi there @BassBunny !

I'm in a similar situation like you when you started this thread. I hoped to find a quick solution but it seems you sorted this out with @kodiakblair via PM? Mind if you share your knowledge to help me (and possibly future Bass Collection owners seeking for advice) out? :-)

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

23 minutes ago, marekki said:

Hi there @BassBunny !

I'm in a similar situation like you when you started this thread. I hoped to find a quick solution but it seems you sorted this out with @kodiakblair via PM? Mind if you share your knowledge to help me (and possibly future Bass Collection owners seeking for advice) out? 🙂

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

It wasn't a PM, pretty sure I also posted in the "Obscure Musical Backwaters" thread that is all about SGC Nanyo and it was answered there.

Check it out and if not I made a hard copy that is tucked away with the pre-amp and I'll dig it out.