Why become a member? ×

SOLD MarkBass MultiAmp S with MIDI pedalboard and bag FT
£700
Chepstow

P-T-P

Have had this amp for a couple of years now and it is absolutely phenomenal. 

The power stage is pretty straightforward. It can be used to deliver 1000w to an 8 ohm load in bridged mode or in stereo mode 2 x 500w at 4 ohm; 2 x 300w at 8 ohm.

It carries a choice of solid state and valve amps from the MarkBass range as well as some classic all of which can be quickly accessed through the dedicated solid state, tube and vintage buttons. Whichever amp you select, the front panel gain and EQ behave as you'd expect them to. Additional features of the particular amp, for example the VLE and VLF filters are set via the controls to the right of the screen. It's here too you can select the speaker models to use (if any), and again there are a nice selection available from the MarkBass range.

It's there also that you get to set-up your effects, with up to 8 slots available (two of which default to the amp and speaker, but these can be changed). There are 20+ effects you can deploy in any order you see fit, these include all the usual suspects: overdrive, distortion, chorus, delay, reverb filter, auto-wah, compression, synth etc. and all are fully adjustable for their various parameters.

You can control all of this using the MIDI pedalboard and you can do so in a couple of different ways: either using the board to turn on/off the 8 effects currently loaded or you can save a patch or a song and then use the board to select the patch.

There's also a built-in tuner and DI out.

I've gigged this amp for the past few years and it is exceptional. I sent the DI to the desk and had a cab (or two) behind me. Never struggled to be heard.

We use in ear monitors and earlier this year we made the leap to abandoning the backline and just going through the PA which for me just meant turning down the amp volume initially and relying on the DI. I've now moved to using the MarkBass models in the PA which, while nowhere near as extensive as the options in the MultiAmp, are usable for our needs and mean we can have a super-quick set-up and takedown.

As such, this amp has been on the shelf and I don't see myself using it anymore.

The whole set-up cost the best part of £1400 new - I still have the box in the loft I think - but I recognise that it isn't going to be worth anything like that. I've put £700 as a value and if someone wants to make a cash offer, I'd be interested but really keen to try and trade this for a bass(es) or possibly a MarkBass combo or LMIII head, just so I've got something for emergency use if needs be.

Part-ex either way could work. I also have a MarkBass Club 121 with cover which I could add to any deal.

IMG_0540.thumb.JPEG.ab88f632e487a3d2532ec91dac882a52.JPEG

IMG_0538.thumb.JPEG.b21e1f8ad07c703b19616d53621a1342.JPEG

IMG_0539.thumb.JPEG.76182c17bcf1cd7468a596e714933eb9.JPEG

IMG_0537.thumb.JPEG.e36fcb5f99b996acf5d916653773703a.JPEG

IMG_0536.thumb.JPEG.ccbb67de776cb535c1ab62d3836d2ef8.JPEG

IMG_0535.thumb.JPEG.9ade3e331c850b2d1f63cb881a8e60f0.JPEG

Edited by P-T-P