Kieran30803

Darkglass m900v2 Accident

Hey all, so I just got off of my first gig with this amp (it's absolutely killer by the way, had to save up after quite a few gigs in order to get it) and I had an accident with it while packing up. I placed the amp in the Darkglass carrying bag on top of my cabs (about 5 feet from the ground) and it took a tumble when someone knocked into it. It was an outdoor gig, so it fell onto cement. It only has a small dent, which I'd be fine with, but it actually inhibits the ability to use the mute button (some would say the most important part of the amp). I was wondering if any of you in the New York area know where to get these amps serviced, and whether or not those places would do a repair like this. Included are two pictures with the dent, and you can see how it throws the panel out of alignment. Thank you for reading this, any and all help is appreciated. (P.S. I'm an electrical engineering college student so keeping the cost down of the repair would be awesome so I can afford textbooks next semester. Thanks again)IMG_0693.IMG_0604.

Take it apart, bend it into alignment and file the burrs off.

If you are doing electrical engineering a set of torx bits and a screwdriver holder, pliers and a set of small files will be invaluable down the line anyway.

Use folded paper or card so using hefty pliers to grip the panel doesn't mark it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 28mistertee
      Putting my Darkglass head up for sale as since I bought a Helix I’m no longer using it to its full potential, just been running it as a power amp. Great head, loads of headroom and the Microtubes engine is top notch. Gigged but in great condition. Comes with a protective case, intelligent footswitch, kettle lead, original box and a speakon lead.
      Collection only or possible meet. Any questions fire away 😊

• By matthewkeyss
      Hi Guys 
      I am selling a 2 channel Aguilar AG500 amp head. It is in pretty nice condition, and comes with the pictured case, power cable and also the channel footswitch. 
      Collection from Maidstone, Kent. Until the 5th February, I can possibly sort out postage within the UK at buyers expense (courier and packaging). 
      You can contact me on here, or by mobile at +44 seven 429 58812 six. 
      Thanks!
      Matt 
      P.s. I have been locked out of my old basschat account but can be found here: https://www.basschat.co.uk/profile/11275-matthewkeys/

• By mikegatward
      Various pedals for sale, all are in excellent condition, boxed (unless stated)and velcroed ready to fix to a pedalboard.
      1. Cog Custom dual overdrive (basically 2 x Knightfall 66 pedals in one unit) . It has two fully independent channels, you can use A or B or one cascading into the other. There is also an extra jack so you can insert a toggle switch or control on/off from a loop switch, like the Boss ES-8. The labeling on the pedal is the original buyers nickname.  It is bassically a fully channel separated Knightfall 66 Bass Overdrive, but with cascading ability. - £150
      2. Darkglass Super Symmetry 115 GV Compressor £190
      3.Owen Elecronics Bass Bomb Driver. This is the last one of these Martin ever made. One of the best overdrive/fuzz units out there, does every type of gnarly, face ripping overdrive/fuzz without any loss of low end, a true holy grail pedal. also acts as a power supply unit, running up to 800mA of load. Runs off 12v centre positive, I’ll supply a suitable lead for your power supply. Not boxed but comes in a natty black bag £200
      4. Markbass Chorus/Flanger, 12v operated, 3 chorus and 3 flanger presets £100
      5. Polytune original white version £45
      6. Rothwell Love Squeeze compressor -  £80

• By Mattbass97
      Darkglass Duality Fuzz - £110 inc. UK postage
      Perfect working order No original box but will be well packaged Shipped via Royal Mail "The Duality is a unique fuzz pedal that contains two discrete fuzz circuits—a gated saw-tooth wave and a raunchy high-gain sound—which can be mixed together to yield a vast selection of distinct sonic textures."
      Really cool and great sounding pedal - surplus to my needs!

• By mattbass6
      I’m selling my Darkglass M900 V1 amp, plus Darkglass case. This amp is in brand new condition. It comes with the original box / packaging. The footswitch has never been used. This amp has been used in rehearsals, and on 6 gigs which were the recent ones (December 2019) I did supporting Steve Harris' British Lion around the UK. If it helps, this amp was played through his Iron Maiden speakers and it sounded even more amazing, but that could just because I couldn't believe I was playing through his speakers, and/or touring with my hero.   Anyway,. I have finally shifted to In Ears, so this is now surplus to requirements. An incredibly versatile amp, and not just for metal. In covers all eras of music, easily. It’s also, very powerful. Collection from Cardiff is preferred but I am happy to meet within a 50-mile radius of Cardiff, and if preferred, I'm happy to post at the buyer's expense. Grab a real bargain, now. If you have any questions, please drop me a PM, I am happy to help in any way I can. No trades please, as I have all the equipment I need. Thank you. Take care, and Happy New Year to one and all.