Hey all, so I just got off of my first gig with this amp (it's absolutely killer by the way, had to save up after quite a few gigs in order to get it) and I had an accident with it while packing up. I placed the amp in the Darkglass carrying bag on top of my cabs (about 5 feet from the ground) and it took a tumble when someone knocked into it. It was an outdoor gig, so it fell onto cement. It only has a small dent, which I'd be fine with, but it actually inhibits the ability to use the mute button (some would say the most important part of the amp). I was wondering if any of you in the New York area know where to get these amps serviced, and whether or not those places would do a repair like this. Included are two pictures with the dent, and you can see how it throws the panel out of alignment. Thank you for reading this, any and all help is appreciated. (P.S. I'm an electrical engineering college student so keeping the cost down of the repair would be awesome so I can afford textbooks next semester. Thanks again)IMG_0693.IMG_0604.

Take it apart, bend it into alignment and file the burrs off.

If you are doing electrical engineering a set of torx bits and a screwdriver holder, pliers and a set of small files will be invaluable down the line anyway.

Use folded paper or card so using hefty pliers to grip the panel doesn't mark it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By AinsleyWalker
      So I've had my Vintage Deluxe for ages and always used it as a drive pedal, but I'm finding myself needing a preamp lately so I've started using it as a preamp/EQ section early on in my chain.
      I see a lot of people using the Tone Hammer for a similar role and I wondered how the two compare.
      Anyone have any opinions on the two pedals and the their abilities as drive/preamp pedals? 
    • By bassplayer76
      Amp Portabass rig,  All made in USA.   Very good quality 250 watt amp and 15" Speaker Cab (4 Ohms).  We'll used but functions perfectly and very portable as the name suggests.
      The amp weighs 6.5 Kilos and the Cab Weighs 12 Kilos.  
      Don't want to separate these at the moment and not looking for any trades.
      Thanks for looking

• By eddi
      Hey all,

thanks in advance for the support as I know nothing about electrical stuff. Long story short: my amp's power cable has gone missing after a show with my band and I need a replacement. I'm guessing not all cables are interchangeable and I probably need a specific one, but I have no idea where to start! I own a Tc Electronix BG250-208, on the amp's socket i can see "100-240VAC 50-60 Hz, 70W @ 1/8 Max Power".

Any tip or link to suitable cables is much appreciated!
      Thank you so much,
      Ed
    • By BrunoBass
      Surplus to requirements is my Genz Benz ShuttleMax 6.0. It’s been well looked after and is in very good condition. 
        FEATURES • Dual Channels -- FET and Tube Preamps 
        • Switchable or Blendable Preamps  • Input Mute Circuit 
      • High and Low Gain Switch per Channel 
      • Active 4 Band EQ with Dual Parametric Mids 
      • High Current Class D Amplifier Design 
      • Adjustable 3 Band Signal Shape Circuits 
      • Limiter Circuit 
      • LED Status Indicators
      • Speakon® Speaker Outputs 
      • Internal Fan Cooling 
      • Full XLR Direct Output Interface 
      • Aux. Input 
      • Headphone Jack 
      • Three Effects Loops 
      (FET Ch; Tube Ch; Master) 
      • 115/230 Volt Switchable 
      • 5 Position Footswitch Included
      Power Output  - 600W/4 ohm x 12
      Preamp Type - FET/TUBE
      Weight Lbs. - 6.75
      Dimensions HxWxD - 3 1/2" x 13 1/2" x 13" 
      It comes with the original foot switch and a non original padded carry case. Any questions drop me a line. 
      I don’t really want to ship this, owing to bad past experiences and would much rather meet up.
      I’m also selling the Genz Benz NeoX 2x12 cabinet I bought it with in a separate post. If you’re interested in the pair I can do a deal. Thanks for looking.

• By Merton
      For sale: Eden WT405
      £250 collected, or £265 couriered to UK mainland
      I bought this earlier this year - and promptly ruined any chance of succeeding with the 2019 gear abstinence challenge - with a view to it being a different flavour amp from my various Ashdowns. I’ve had Eden before and decided I needed another in my life, but to be brutally honest I don’t have enough gigs to warrant four amps and, whilst this is a bloody glorious bit of gear, I prefer the Ashdown stuff. So this should go again.
      It’s in good nick for its age (it has clearly been well looked after by the previous BC owners!) and comes with rack ears and a gig bag. The only things to mention are the gain clip LED never seems to light up and the bass and treble boost lights don’t work either. It has a few small superficial scratches and nicks in the chassis but nothing major at all for a 15 year old amp. Other than that it’s stonking and if I could justify keeping it purely for home use with headphone, I would, but that’s a waste of its talents.
      No trades please.