Kieran30803

Darkglass m900v2 Accident

Hey all, so I just got off of my first gig with this amp (it's absolutely killer by the way, had to save up after quite a few gigs in order to get it) and I had an accident with it while packing up. I placed the amp in the Darkglass carrying bag on top of my cabs (about 5 feet from the ground) and it took a tumble when someone knocked into it. It was an outdoor gig, so it fell onto cement. It only has a small dent, which I'd be fine with, but it actually inhibits the ability to use the mute button (some would say the most important part of the amp). I was wondering if any of you in the New York area know where to get these amps serviced, and whether or not those places would do a repair like this. Included are two pictures with the dent, and you can see how it throws the panel out of alignment. Thank you for reading this, any and all help is appreciated. (P.S. I'm an electrical engineering college student so keeping the cost down of the repair would be awesome so I can afford textbooks next semester. Thanks again)IMG_0693.IMG_0604.

Take it apart, bend it into alignment and file the burrs off.

If you are doing electrical engineering a set of torx bits and a screwdriver holder, pliers and a set of small files will be invaluable down the line anyway.

Use folded paper or card so using hefty pliers to grip the panel doesn't mark it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ChrisGordon
      A Darkglass B3K Version 1. Never really got on with it. Probably used no more than a dozen times. Hopefully goes somewhere it can get the use it deserves! In near mint condition, it has got Velcro adhered to the bass! 

Price includes UK postage. 

• By onehappybunny
      Great amp in excellent condition. Incredibly powerful, rich and punchy sound that is in total contrast to its size and weight.  Works really well with my TKS cabs (also for sale separately) for a powerful, lightweight rig. 
      Mainly used for rehearsals and practice at home (the footswitch is still in its bag unused!).  
      Discussed extensively here: 
      https://www.talkbass.com/threads/gallien-krueger-mb800.758227/
      Any questions please ask. Collection from near Guildford preferred, but can post if needed.   
      Thanks
      Stu

• By Waldobass
      Markbass 104HF-4 OHM
      and 
      Markbass Big Bang 500w head
      Great combination, really rich and LOUD! Absolutely love this amp, only gigged a few times, always well looked after. Only selling to make space!
      The cab is super light at 30kg
      Pickup from Surrey preffered but can negotiate delivery. £750 for both or can sell separately. Make me an offer or open to hearing your trades.
      ...fender jazz not for sale!

• By matthewkeyss
      Hi Guys 
      I am selling a 2 channel Aguilar AG500 amp head. It is in pretty nice condition, and comes with the pictured case, power cable and also the channel footswitch. 
      Collection from Maidstone, Kent. Until the 5th February, I can possibly sort out postage within the UK at buyers expense (courier and packaging). 
      You can contact me on here, or by mobile at +44 seven 429 58812 six. 
      Thanks!
      Matt 
      P.s. I have been locked out of my old basschat account but can be found here: https://www.basschat.co.uk/profile/11275-matthewkeys/

• By sdbrown8177
      A fantastic amplifier - really lightweight and powerful. This amp packs a punch (900w @ 4 ohms) and sounds really great either running your bass clean or engaging the overdrives which include the well-known 'Vintage Microtubes' and the 'B3K'. This amp hasn't been gigged at all so is in excellent condition and comes in original packaging (minus the information booklet). It also includes the intelligent footswitch which allows you to mute the head or switch between the effects.
      Full specs found here: https://www.darkglass.com/microtubes-900/
      Price includes postage to a UK address. Payment via Paypal or Monzo. Thanks!