Why become a member? ×

Wrist Protection

Stub Mandrel

I ended up buying four or five different types. The best is a cheap stripey and long strap witha big velcro pad on it, I just cut it short so it just warps around my wrist.

I didn't like the 'thumb' one although i was able to cut the thumb bit off.

• 2 months later...

Up date on this, none of the various supports I tried really cut the mustard. I tried about five different types of bandage, support, neoprene... best was a big green support tube, I tried dying it black but it came out green. Then noticed my brother and his bassist both use ordinary sweatbands. Got a couple of slazenger ones and they are great.

Then the killer punchline... noticed this in a photo of me playing in about 1987...

image.png.a3b94a347dffc907860e8e7d70b07d51.png

I found felt to be the most comfortable material. Wool is the second. Computer keyboard has a piece of felt in front of it and my wrists stay warm. I wear wool wrist warmers while sleeping and my hands stay in reasonable shape (I used to do road cycling in my youth and the wind and cold together made my hands hurt constantly).

Before actual playing I do some warm ups, like any sportswoman or sportsman would do. Helps a lot.