Left leaderboard
NoirBass

Thunderbird shipping box

Shipping box from an Epiphone Thunderbird. I sold the bass long ago so if you are selling a Tbird and need to post this is ideal.

Strictly collection in person only from London N21

3368295E-9635-4498-93F3-E960F9EE00D0.thumb.jpeg.96a0a812accc94538d2104c23f3165e8.jpeg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Bassrock
      Final price drop - Now £725, no offers and no trades required thanks. Its sells at £725 or i keep it
      Gibson EB 2014 120th Anniversary Bass...As new condition, never gigged. Complete with Gibson hard case and case candy. Bullion Gold Vintage Gloss finish.
      Swamp Ash body..set maple neck.. rosewood fretboard..Grover tuners..Babicz full contact Bridge..Tuned Coil tap Humbuckers
      Very light at 7lbs 11 ozs
      Plays and sounds great
      No trades sale only
      These are now getting hard to find especially in this as new condition

• By chrisaxe
      Hello,
      So for sale is my 1970's Kay K1B. This is a shortscale bass that was made in Taiwan under the 'Kay' brand name, as part of a collection of guitars that were essentially knock-off's of well-known brands. A quick google search and you'll find Kay look-a-likes for Fenders, Ric's and Gibsons - which is what the K1B is.
      It's a short scale bass with one pickup, one tone and one volume. It sounds great - loads of vintage, low-end thump. The pickup is still nice and strong, and the electronics are in full working order. The tone control works, but it's essentially thump or more thump, so don't expect and crispy high's from this bass! The bridge cover unscrews revealing the original strip of foam stuck underneath (as well as a very unusual bridge). Truss rod seems in working order.
      Overall it is in very good condition - a few chips here and there but considering its age, it's excellent. The chap I bought it from told me that he was the second owner - the original owner bought it new, hardly played it, before retiring it to the back of his wardrobe for decades. Apparently, the strings (flatwounds) are original to the bass, so they should hold some value in themselves! The volume pot has been replaced (I have the broken original if you want to take it), but aside from that, it's all original.
      Looking for £300 - I know these were budget back in the day, but they are increasingly collectable and this one is in such great condition. There is one on eBay for £350, and they have gone on Reverb for silly prices. 
      Based in Bristol, happy to ship at buyers expense. Unfortunately, the bass does not come in a case but I can package safely. If you'd like to come and try it out then feel free.
      EDIT: I've had some time this afternoon to quickly record some examples on this bass. All of these were recorded through my Ampeg B15, mic'd with a CAD GXL3000, into a Focusrite Scarlett, into Logic. No EQ was used, just a touch of compression.
      Thanks,
      Chris.

• By Gary Williams
      Here is my beloved Gibson Ripper that I have cherished for about 5 or 6 years, but she must go as just used so much anymore as I seem to be more of a P bass man now.
      This was set up a couple of years ago by Jonathan Law at Feline Guitars and plays like a dream. As part of the set up, I asked Jonathan to change the wiring on the pickup selector to swap from the useless "out of phase" option to a front pickup option for a nice P bass tone. This is easily reverted back to standard if required.
      The original bridge has been swapped for the Hipshot Supertone replacement which is far more robust. I still have the existing bridge too.
      Bass is also screened so no annoying buzzes or hums. Currently strung with fairly new Elixir 45 - 105.
      I'll be sorry to see this go but needs must.
      **NO TRADES PLEASE**
      Ideally I'd prefer pickup only (I am based in West Sussex) to avoid worrying about damage in transit. If postage is necessary, I'll have to calculate postage costs.
      I'll let the photos do the talking although dreadful dreary day for photos!
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------
      See my other items for sale:
      Ampeg SVT VR Head: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/318805-ampeg-svt-vr/
      Ampeg SVT VR Bass Cab 8x10: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/318810-ampeg-svt-bass-cab-810ev-vr/
      Mesa Boogie Bass 400+: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/318815-mesa-boogie-bass-400/
      Mesa Boogie 1516B Bass Cab: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/318819-mesa-boogie-1516b-ev-bass-cab/

• By howdenspur
      Some "asset restructuring" going on at Howdenspur Towers...I have for sale a Gibson Thunderbird in Vintage Sunburst and dating from 2010. Bought this from DaytonaRik of this very parish and it's a beaut. It is in generally good condition, it has a couple of chips in the finish around the mid strap button and where the wings meet the neck with a several other lesser dings which I've tried to capture in the photos. Nothing serious, just cosmetic. It weighs a mere 3.9kg or 8.6lbs and comes with the original plush hard case. No neck dive here I'm pleased to say!
      I'd prefer not to post this, but happy to have buyer collect (with the lure of drinks, biscuits and maybe even cake) or can meet up somewhere convenient. I live just off J37 of the M62 and work in York.
      Thanks for looking!

• By ratman
      FOR SALE - Epiphone Dot 335 Sunburst with Lollar Imperial humbuckers, immaculate hard case and locking tuners for only £50 more than the the price of the pickups alone.

The guitar was built in the Samick Plant, Korea in July 2001, before production was moved to Indonesia and China. This guitar has since been upgraded to an incredibly high spec. With the Lollar Imperials it sounds as good as any 335 out there, and the addition of the Sperzel locking tuners ensures no drifting in pitch. All in all, a professional quality instrument at the fraction of the cost of a Gibson.

Auditions are welcome. Collection preferred.

Epiphone 335 dot sunburst £290
      Set of locking Sperzel tuners £ 80
      Epiphone Hard Case £100
      Lollar Imperial PU's set £330
      TOTAL COST £800

I'M OPEN TO SENSIBLE OFFERS. SALE ONLY, NO TRADES.