Why become a member? ×

Hey! just joined today from edinburgh!

silky13

hey everyone! I was doing a few google searches for some ideas on rackmount compressors and came across this site so thought id join up!

I'm 20, from Edinburgh and have been playing bass for about two years seriously, after coming over from the darkside of lead guitar! :) I'm currently playing in a band for a guy from Brazil, called "Alex Rech Band" which can be found at www.myspace.com/alexrech.

My gear is at the moment is:

Fender 40th anniversary custom shop p-bass
Jackson KBX bass
Peavey tour 450 head and TVX 410 cab

in the near future am looking at filling my extremely spaced out rack with korg dtr2000 tuner and a compressor (of which I've not decided yet!)

Oh forgot to put about the kind of tunes i'm into! which is anything really, but primarily 80's rock and metal like whitesnake, mr big, van halen, motley crue, skid row, iron maiden, extreme, etc to name a few!

anyway, cheers for looking!
Tom

[quote name='silky13' post='353461' date='Dec 13 2008, 11:44 AM']hey everyone! I was doing a few google searches for some ideas on rackmount compressors and came across this site so thought id join up!

I'm 20, from Edinburgh and have been playing bass for about two years seriously, after coming over from the darkside of lead guitar! :) I'm currently playing in a band for a guy from Brazil, called "Alex Rech Band" which can be found at www.myspace.com/alexrech.

My gear is at the moment is:

Fender 40th anniversary custom shop p-bass
Jackson KBX bass
Peavey tour 450 head and TVX 410 cab

in the near future am looking at filling my extremely spaced out rack with korg dtr2000 tuner and a compressor (of which I've not decided yet!)

Oh forgot to put about the kind of tunes i'm into! which is anything really, but primarily 80's rock and metal like whitesnake, mr big, van halen, motley crue, skid row, iron maiden, extreme, etc to name a few!

anyway, cheers for looking!
Tom[/quote]

Hey

I'm gonna be in Edinburgh for Hogmanay. Can you recommend any pubs? Musically I'm into the same kind of stuff.

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='353473' date='Dec 13 2008, 12:03 PM']Hey

I'm gonna be in Edinburgh for Hogmanay. Can you recommend any pubs? Musically I'm into the same kind of stuff.[/quote]

hmmm, not really sure, everytime I've gone out at hogmanay I've gone to the grass market as there are loads of little pubs, which always have a great atmosphere! I one of them is called biddy mulligans!

[url="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&resnum=1&q=biddy%20mulligans%20edinburgh%20grass%20market&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl"]grass market, edinburgh[/url] and there are a couple more around this area!

The other option I suppose, is George street (parallel with princes street) where there are more up market bars than pubs, but I have never been there on hogmanay and would assume extortionate prices!

hope that kinda helps!
Tom