Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Trace Elliot AH250 GP12SMX - Spares or Repair £50
£50
South Yorkshire

Deedee

Trace Elliot AH250 GP12SMX – Spares or Repair - Not Working - £50 collected or £65 delivered mainland UK

I bought this recently off a well-known auction site as a ‘spares or repair’ with a view to getting it fixed up. Unfortunately my other two SMX heads have since developed minor faults which means I currently have three that each require varying degrees of attention. As somebody who isn’t gigging at the moment I already have too many back up heads, let alone 3 that aren’t working. Therefore I’ve decided to pass this one straight on to somebody else and I’ll concentrate on getting the others back fighting fit

The Good Points:

•    Cosmetically in superb condition
•    All the correct knobs and switches are present and the front fascia looks like new
•    All the switches and corresponding lights appear to work as they should
•    The tolex on the original case is in pretty good order now it’s had a bit of a clean-up 

The Bad Points:

•    This amp requires TR1, TR2 and output rebuild
•    Metal protective corners have tarnished due to the paint flaking off over the years

A post-it note stating what repairs were required was left inside the amp. Other members have had similar work done on these heads and apparently you’re looking at £100-£130 for a tech to do it. If there are any members who are handy with electronics they could no doubt sort it for far less than this. 

These are great amps but I’ve finally realised that I really don’t need to own a large proportion of those still in existence!

£50 collected form South Yorkshire or £65 posted to mainland UK (UK buyers only please).

IMG_6726.JPG

IMG_6727.JPG

IMG_6728.JPG

IMG_6729.JPG

IMG_6730.JPG

IMG_6731.JPG

IMG_6732.JPG

J.JPG

Edited by Deedee
Now sold thanks
  • Like 1