Why become a member? ×

SOLD Genssler Sonores Red Label
£170

Rabbie

These are the Gerold Genssler Sonores boutique strings from I think 2016 (?). As you may know, a set of Gensslers is around €600, but that is for the wrapped gut version, whilst these are the synthetic wrapped. I bought them on this forum, apparently they were only on the original owner’s bass for a week and then changed because the owner had a C extension added to his bass. I have had them on my bass for a week (5 days of which I was actually abroad!!), so they are still brand new. I bought them for £180.

Sound wise they have their own vibe: more responsive than gut and less sustaining than steel, with lower tension and the ability to make the bass sing with its own voice. Personally, after switching back from guts to steel, I wanted to try such a renowned string at a much lower price (I think even these were around €350 from the manufacturer). They sound amazing but for someone who never bows, I may as well stick to Spiro, which are easy to replace.

There is no damage to the strings apart from slight fraying around the top silks (see Photos).

any question please ask.

8B3A6DC7-3426-41C9-9F97-99161A5C2744.jpeg

E246B8B5-D94A-4E99-BC32-B58DB2A67D4E.jpeg

Edited by Rabbie