Why become a member? ×

Fender Pricelists 1968-2010

Chiliwailer

57 minutes ago, bigsmokebass said:

I'm guessing everyone has eyed up their favourite Fender and wondering how to time travel or are they available now at a better rate? More finishes? 

How do they compare for you? 

Last year I was almost in a position whereby I thought I may need to sell my 66 P Bass for financial reasons, due to work issues. Whilst I was waiting to see what was to transpire I tried loads of modern Fenders that I could of potentially replaced it with eventually. Two of the many I tried that I’ll mention are the Mexican 50’s and the USA 60’s P Basses. Both were great, and on a bang for buck basis the Mex was excellent. The 60’s USA reissue was a great Bass tonally and visually, but it lacked that authentic feel I like. I’ve had other boutique Fender style basses, but for better or worse I was interested in a meat and potatoes P Bass.

No bass I tried has the feel of my 66, and in a psychological (?) way I didn’t get the same feeling as when I pick it up. I’ve had a fair few original 50’s and 60’s Fender basses and for some reason they just feel right for me. But I wouldn’t say they are better, or right for everyone. 

• Like 2