Why become a member? Read more... ×

For sale, my old Resonet Arco electric upright.

It dates from the 1950s, but I can't find enough images online to work out how original it is. The only obvious item missing is the headstock badge

Still working. Plug it in, play and sound comes out!

Strings are tired but playable. The tone is fine and it holds tune.

One tuner rattles as its "elephant ears" are a little loose. It won't come out, though.

The pickup is magnetic - I think it's just a whopping humbucker and is actually quite high output. No piezo pickups here, and no tone control, either!

The endpin folds up, reducing the instrument to about 5' (160cm) long 

There's no case, but I have a thick, strong vinyl bag for it (beware, it's bright orange!)

No shipping on this one, I'm afraid, so it's cash on collection from my home address in Chelmsford, Essex.

I'm looking for £150... Or make me a sensible offer!

Thanks for looking.

Alex

IMG_20190110_121546.jpg

IMG_20190110_121553.jpg

IMG_20190110_121609.jpg

IMG_20190110_121617.jpg

Edited by Lfalex v1.1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DiceSociety
      For sale -  my Stagg electric upright bass – PLUS Hard Case, Plush gig bag, adjustable stand, and double bass bow – * Price Drop *The whole lot for £400
      Stagg EUB
      I’m selling my Stagg EUB which I bought from new. It’s in great condition, (with only one or two faint marks which are hard to notice), and has only had light home/studio use. The finish is in a striking red, which allows the pattern of the grain to come through. These are really solidly built instruments, and made from solid maple.
      The bass features a (hot) pre amp with:
      -          Volume control -          Sub bass control, -          External input (for Mp3 player, drum machine, whatever you want really), -          Head phone socket for near silent practice/recording without annoying anyone, -          Handy light which reminds you that there’s a lead plugged in, as well as alerting you if the battery is running low. The bass comes with detachable hand and hip rests, as well as a retractable and adjustable end pin to get the bass to your preferred height.
      The action is fully adjustable with height adjustment screws at the bridge and conventional truss rod adjustment at the headstock.
      Hopefully the photos do justice to the lovely red finish this bass has.
      Hard case
      Sale includes a plush lined hard case which features a handy compartment large enough to store the detachable rests, tuner, lead, etc. As well as this, there is also storage for a double bass bow.
      Gig bag
      The gig bag isn’t a run of the mill flimsy affair; Instead this is nicely padded with a plush interior and two soft pouches for storage of the rests and other things, whilst the exterior has a pocket for a double bass bow, handles with chunky rubber grips, a shoulder strap and additional handle. It also has an embroidered Stagg logo, chunky rubber zip handles, and reflective piping.
      Stagg EUB stand
      The Stagg stand is specifically made for the EUB, is very solid and sturdy, fully adjustable, has a hook on the back to hold a bow, and folds up for compact storage. The bass can also be played whilst in the stand.
      Double bass Bow
      Double bass bow bought from new specifically for the EUB. Hasn’t  had very much use and can sound really impressive! I’ve got some Rosin for it somewhere which I’ll also throw in.
      Sale is because I've got my eye on something expensive and need to generate some funds. I’m based in Shtrewsbury by the way. Collection is definitely preferred due to the combined size and weight of the items listed. Any questions, please let me know.
      Please look out for other for sale posts as I'm also selling a Genz Benz Streamliner 900, Squier VM ’77 Jazz Bass, Barefaced gen 3 Big Baby 2, and a Phil Jones Bass double four.
      Thanks for viewing!

• By DiceSociety
      For sale -  my Stagg electric upright bass – PLUS Hard Case, Plush gig bag, adjustable stand, and double bass bow – The whole lot for £450
      Stagg EUB
      I’m selling my Stagg EUB which I bought from new. It’s in great condition, (with only one or two faint marks which are hard to notice), and has only had light home/studio use. The finish is in a striking red, which allows the pattern of the grain to come through. These are really solidly built instruments, and made from solid maple.
      The bass features a (hot) pre amp with:
      -          Volume control -          Sub bass control, -          External input (for Mp3 player, drum machine, whatever you want really), -          Head phone socket for near silent practice/recording without annoying anyone, -          Handy light which reminds you that there’s a lead plugged in, as well as alerting you if the battery is running low. The bass comes with detachable hand and hip rests, as well as a retractable and adjustable end pin to get the bass to your preferred height.
      The action is fully adjustable with height adjustment screws at the bridge and conventional truss rod adjustment at the headstock.
      Hopefully the photos do justice to the lovely red finish this bass has.
      Hard case
      Sale includes a plush lined hard case which features a handy compartment large enough to store the detachable rests, tuner, lead, etc. As well as this, there is also storage for a double bass bow.
      Gig bag
      The gig bag isn’t a run of the mill flimsy affair; Instead this is nicely padded with a plush interior and two soft pouches for storage of the rests and other things, whilst the exterior has a pocket for a double bass bow, handles with chunky rubber grips, a shoulder strap and additional handle. It also has an embroidered Stagg logo, chunky rubber zip handles, and reflective piping.
      Stagg EUB stand
      The Stagg stand is specifically made for the EUB, is very solid and sturdy, fully adjustable, has a hook on the back to hold a bow, and folds up for compact storage. The bass can also be played whilst in the stand.
      Double bass Bow
      Double bass bow bought from new specifically for the EUB. Hasn’t  had very much use and can sound really impressive! I’ve got some Rosin for it somewhere which I’ll also throw in.
      Sale is because I've got my eye on something expensive and need to generate some funds. I’m based in Shtrewsbury by the way. Collection is definitely preferred due to the combined size and weight of the items listed. Any questions, please let me know.
      Please look out for other for sale posts as I'm also selling a Genz Benz Streamliner 900, Squier VM ’77 Jazz Bass, Barefaced gen 3 Big Baby 2, and a Phil Jones Bass double four.
      Thanks for viewing!

• By DiceSociety
      For Sale Genz Benz Streamliner 900 - £385 
       I’m Selling my Genz Benz Streamliner 900 ; These are great sounding, powerful, and light weight amps. These are getting hard to come by in this country as they as are now discontinued.  This has never been gigged, and the majority of it's use has been for home recording. 
      The amp consists of a pre amp which uses 3 x 12AX7 valves, and a very flexible gain structure which can go from smooth hi-fi sounding to over-driven saturation, going into a very powerful lightweight class D power amp section. The amp has lots of connectivity options (please see photos) and pre or post eq DI options. All this and it only weighs 6.5 lbs. 
      I've been using it with a Barefaced Big Baby 2, and it sounds immense!
      FEATURES
      • 900 Watts @ 4 ohms; 500 Watts @ 8 ohms   • SMPS and Class D power amplifier design • Class A Six-Stage Tube Preamp (3 x 12AX7A Tubes) • Modified Passive Baxandall EQ for the Lows and Highs • Active Tube Driven Mid EQ • Selectable 3-Position Mid Frequencies: 220, 600, 2.5K HZ • Input Mute • Hi-Gain switch • Master Volume • 3DPM™ Power Management  • Patent Pending P.H.A.T topology • Full Direct Output Interface • Effects Loop • Headphone Input • Aux. Input • Dual Speakon Outputs • Variable Voltage  • Variable Speed Fan Cooling  • Weight: 6.5lb  • Size: 3 1/4" x 10" x 11 7/8"  Sale is because I've got my eye on something expensive and need to generate some funds. I’m based in Shtrewsbury by the way. Collection welcome, but can also courier at buyers expense. Any questions please let me know.
      Please look out for other for sale posts as I'm also selling a Phil Jones Bass Double Four, Squier VM ’77 Jazz Bass, Barefaced gen 3 Big Baby 2, and a Stagg EUB with lots of accessories.
      Thanks for looking!

• By adamhiggs
      Thinning the herd in anticipation for a home move, so hope this may be of interest to someone. 
      Hungarian 3/4 size Double Bass in excellent condition. The label on the inside reads it as a Carlo Bisiach copy. The fingerboard dots and setup done by at The Bass Place, Herne Hill. 
      It's made a great spare to take into theatre pits, nice and small, plays very well all over. Currently strung with Evan Pirazzi strings, a David Gage Lifeline pick up and I'll leave the quiver on. Comes in a Gewa soft case. 
      The dimensions are:
      String Length; 104.3cm 
      Upper Bout; 49cm
      Lower; 66.5cm
      Depth; 21cm
      Welcome to come try out in Sydenham, South East London.
      Thanks,
      Adam