Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sold
£75

Fionn

MODIFIED BSY600 Bass Synth

E7452305-1221-4E22-9D55-1A65C5229F31.thumb.jpeg.3523db9bd9a728f330d5701fe3ce451b.jpeg

The guts of this is a Behringer BSY600, a clone of the Boss SYB-5 Bass Synth.

However, these are commonly regarded as the superior pedal. They get more love as they track better, and unlike the Boss there is the ability to cut off the filter sweep, offering a rake of more useable sounds. These have a more finger-friendly control layout too (no tiny awkward stacked knobs). 

There are many useable sounds on this. Easily tweakable, and it especially comes to life when used with an expression pedal (thoroughly recommended). Good thick synth tones. Clean blend too, no loss of low end whatsoever. 

The thing that let these pedals down was the notoriously awful foot switch, and the toy-like plastic housing of the unmodified originals, both of which are prone to failure. Hence these modifications...

I rehoused it in a cast aluminium MXR-type casing, and fitted a soft-click switch that retains the pedal’s ‘hold’ function.

It’s a better pedal than its Boss counterpart, and this modded one has a smaller footprint too. If you want to know more about these, there’s plenty of info online. Loads of discussion about them on Talkbass (including the ‘rehousing’ thread which inspired my modifications).

It should also be mentioned that the BSY600 is now discontinued. The price is going up and they’re becoming increasingly sought after as folk learn about them.

Talkbass thread ... https://www.talkbass.com/threads/behringer-bsy600-love-thread.847931/

£75 (Posted)

Trade Options: I’m currently after  a Boss LS-2 Line Splitter, and a Volume pedal (low impedance or active).

471548B9-7C85-4CFB-9070-052664961C1C.jpeg

Edited by Fionn