Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Squier Silver Series MIJ Precision - £170 shipped mainland UK
£170

Deedee

Squier Silver Series MIJ Precision - £150 collected or £170 shipped to mainland UK

I picked this up off evilbay a while back hoping it was the bargain of the century. Suffice to say it wasn’t.

It looked like it had spent most of its life being used as a door stop.  The back of the neck looked like it had been re-varnished with a fork and the string action bore a striking similarity to something you’d fire arrows from.

However, all was not lost. 

• Body – Various deep scratches the worst of which are those above the scratch plate near the top horn
  • Scratch plate – Replaced with a B/W/B from a Squier VM. The original which I no longer have was single ply Black
  • Bridge – Replaced with a Fender MIM unit. The original will be included but the saddle screws are odd (see pic)
  • Neck – Truss rod works fine and the bass now has a lovely playing action. The ‘textured’ varnish was removed and Tru-Oil applied so the back of the neck now has a lovely smooth, satin finish. There are a few tiny nicks but nothing nasty. Frets are all good.
  • Tuners – Original and working fine
  • Pick up – Original and working fine although the covers have seen better days. I did fit an SBP-1 for a time but this original sounded better to my ears so I put it back in
  • Pots/Loom – Replaced with a Kiogon wireless loom with Switchcraft jack, CTS pots and new flat top chrome knobs. Original loom also included
  • Weight – On some dodgy luggage scales it’s approximately 9lb

All in all it’s a very decent, solid bass with more than its fair share of mojo. I used it as a back-up and for jam nights where you wouldn’t cry too many tears if anything happened to it.

Collection from South Yorkshire or will ship to mainland UK well wrapped in a suitable box.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG