Why become a member? Read more... ×
paul_5

Jazz/Stingray pickup

Always different ways to do things - I always make templates for routing pickups. I'll either make the temp!ate the right size if using a template cutter type router bit or make it oversize if using a normal cutter with a guide bush. I usually cut the rectangular part first then the cut outs for the lugs.

So, completely the opposite way to Marco!!

Here's a bit of routing on one of my basses for a pair of jazz pickups and a Warwick 2 piece bridge done using an oversized template and a guide bush.

NEOi3Ip.jpg

And a piccie of a couple of my basses with MM pickups using the same method for routing.

6z5YQD0.jpg

Edited by Jabba_the_gut
  • Like 2

@Jabba_the_gut

I think we do things same way... I was just saying an obvious method which consists to drill holes separately from the routing. I usually goes lazy way, anyway.... P2 format offers a wide range of sounds and is easy to rout. :)

Delano is also making a double JB pickup. It can be used as standard JB single coil, or 2 coils in parallel or serial for humbuking effect. It is called DJC4

mvwabhhpvk3qlvgaone2.jpg

This is what I plan to install in my WW Streamer Pro-M that I will receive soon...

With a specific passive wiring to use single coil, parallel (with balance) or serial.

1214790000GZFMAOWW_01.jpg

• Like 1