Why become a member? ×

Nitro Lacquer recommendations..?

planethead

[quote name='neepheid' post='341920' date='Dec 1 2008, 02:07 PM']I cannot compare, but I can vouch for the quality of MGT's nitro cans - dare I say it - does exactly what it says on the tin. Goes on easy and I was pleased with the finish I achieved.[/quote]

Excellent I was leaning towards his stuff except he doesn't appear to offer a satin - I suppose I could go gloss then tone it down. with a paste.

ttfn

BTW found an interesting discussion on Zebrano the other day (you're in that part of the woods I think) - if I can find it again I'll edit this post with a link.

[quote name='planethead' post='341932' date='Dec 1 2008, 02:26 PM']Excellent I was leaning towards his stuff except he doesn't appear to offer a satin - I suppose I could go gloss then tone it down. with a paste.

ttfn

BTW found an interesting discussion on Zebrano the other day (you're in that part of the woods I think) - if I can find it again I'll edit this post with a link.[/quote]

Well, if it's about how the interlocking grain makes it a pain to work both with hand and power tools and the fact that it stinks when you cut it then I know [i]all[/i] about it :)

[quote name='neepheid' post='341945' date='Dec 1 2008, 02:39 PM']Well, if it's about how the interlocking grain makes it a pain to work both with hand and power tools and the fact that it stinks when you cut it then I know [i]all[/i] about it :)[/quote]

a line from "The Zebranos" perhaps?

let us never speak of it again... :-)

[quote name='planethead' post='341962' date='Dec 1 2008, 03:18 PM']a line from "The Zebranos" perhaps?

let us never speak of it again... :-)[/quote]

I would still be interested to read the discussion you mentioned, if you can dig the link out :)

[quote name='neepheid' post='341964' date='Dec 1 2008, 03:23 PM']I would still be interested to read the discussion you mentioned, if you can dig the link out :)[/quote]

Found it re-read it - faulty memory (please read avatar for probable cause ;-), but there's a nice picture by way of compensation [url="http://www.mimf.com/cgi-bin/[email protected]@.2cb68ac6"]here[/url]

ttfn