Why become a member? ×

PJB C8

gpw5150

I have been offered a very good deal on a PJB C8, 4 ohm, 800 watt.  I play in a pub rock n roll band - the usual hits - guitar driven.  We are a 3 piece and not the loudest...

Any users/reviews?  Will it shove enough air?

my thought is that it is an easy rig to transport and live with and i can easily add another C8 monster rig....

I use an ampeg scr-di preamp and crown xls 800 watt power amp.

**regret selling my SWR Golight 112’s..

I have an 8b which is the predecessor of this. 8 x5 neos but only 400 watt power handling, [the C8 is 800W] . I have had it for about 7 or 8 years and regularly used it in a 3 piece in clubs and 4 piece in pubs. I have had a few people who were sceptical, and later complimentary about the sound . I think his stuff is great.

Where are you?

Thanks for the info - Hertfordshire.  My amp, bridged, will push 800 watts - i was just more conscious of spl and air shifting.     There seems to be mixed feedback about the volume/projection.  12” driver cabs have been my ‘go to’

It is always difficult to try to compare because the venues,the loudness of the band and expectations are all different. Before the phil Jones I had an eden 450w traveller through an eden 2x10 and a 1x15 [along with various vintage acoustic amps]

In this period I also had a fender 100w valve amp and 4x10 neo cabinet which I recently sold purely because of weight issues and bought a PJB D400 and 2 C47 cabs. All of these amps have been able to do what I want them to and I would have thought that the C8 would do what you want, 

The 8b is very easy to move, which was my orgnal reason for buying it, and as you say 2 C8s would be pretty awesome. You would need an amp that will handle down 2 ohms if you run 2 cabs because I think the c8s are 4 ohm.