Why become a member? ×

Toneprint not showing templates.

radiophonic

I may be alone in this or it may be an OS dependent thing but my toneprint app only shows templates for the Sub N Up, Sub N Up Mini and SpetraComp. I can see my user prints for the flashback, but have no way to access any of the defaults on either the Flashback or the Hall of Fame. Artist prints are available. Anyone had this or better still managed to fix it. It;s basicallly useless to me and the HoF2 I've just bought is going straight back if the editor can't be used on it. 

It's a bit of an IT cliche but switch (your mobile?) off, leave it a minute or so and reboot it. You'll be surprised how many times this resolves all sorts of issues! 

If that doesn't work, uninstall the app, clear your browser cache (another reboot won't hurt) and then try reinstalling the app. 

If neither of those work, I have no idea :scratch_one-s_head:

OK. You mentioned the possibility of it being OS dependent. What operating system and browser are you using? 

If you have a few minutes it's still worth trying the suggestions above as even fresh installations can occasionally go wrong. Hopefully that will solve your problems but unfortunately there's no guarantees. If it does you're good to go. And if it doesn't I'd suggest contacting TC electronic to see if they can offer any detailed technical advice?

Hi - Its OSX El Capitan 10.11.6. I re-downloaded the installer. Deleted toneprint, rebooted, reinstlled and got the same problem. What's weird is that even with a fresh reinstall it does find my old user toneprints so these are clearly being stored somewhere - the FB ones appear when th HOF2 is attached so they must be local. I can't find any likely library files though - even with 'ShowAllFiles'. The search on tcelectronic or toneprint comes up with nothing and I cant find anything in the application support folder or in the library folder manually. I've posted on the TC use forum but they rarely respond IME. I'll give them another 20 days - after that the new HoF2 pedal goes back. I bought it on line and I can get a Polara instead. Without toneprint its functionality is not as advertised and I'm in the studio on the 27th and then have a run of gigs before christmas. I need a working reverb.

At least I can return the pedal if notsatisfied! If TC don't give me some support then its their loss. It's not like their aren't a shedload of nice reverb pedals out there. I almost went for the Polara anyway (the illegible purple on yellow paint job put me off) but there are many others to choose from. I'm doing a full system backup right now before deleting the system cache since rebooting only clears the user cache. If it works it will cost me all my user toneprints of course - another ball ache. But failing that I'm out of ideas too.

On 27/10/2018 at 06:40, Osiris said:

OK. You mentioned the possibility of it being OS dependent. What operating system and browser are you using? 

If you have a few minutes it's still worth trying the suggestions above as even fresh installations can occasionally go wrong. Hopefully that will solve your problems but unfortunately there's no guarantees. If it does you're good to go. And if it doesn't I'd suggest contacting TC electronic to see if they can offer any detailed technical advice?

Just to round this out in case it happens to others. There is a file in ~/Library/Application\ Support/TonePrintEditor/ called TonePrintEdiitor.settings that isn't deleted or overwritten when you clear system caches or do a reinstall. It wasn't obviously corrupted but several lines were either different or missing compared to an install on another machine. Cut and paste fixed it. Non obvious and without a second computer, undiagnosable. It may be OS dependent I suppose because I have no explanation for why the file contents would have changed. About a day wasted but it is now working.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1