Left leaderboard

** SOLD ** Price drop  - £210 - Shiny…Squier VM Jazz Bass 77 for sale

Immaculate shiny condition and includes shiny mirror scratch plate and the original black one, plus a gig bag! - £210

Plus it’s very shiny….

This really is in as new condition, and the photos don’t do justice to how gorgeous this bass is with lacquered finish, white pearloid block neck inlays and choice of black or custom made mirrored scratch plate (both included) depending on how flamboyant you’re feeling.

image.png.0a79aa12f48ccfcbfc38b9622690d000.png

It’s also exceptionally light, easily the lightest bass I’ve ever tried anyway.

Squier's Vintage Modified Jazz Bass '77 features a sleek offset body, crisp dual Fender®-designed pickups and a super-fast "C"-shaped maple neck. Comfortable and sonically versatile, this bass offers super '77 sound and feel for today's bassists, along with superior Squier performance and value. (Fender website).

I bought this around 5 years ago from a fellow bass chatter. Originally intended as a back up to my American standard Jazz bass, this has seen hardly any use apart from a once over every 6 months to make sure it’s still in tune. Never gigged and has always been stored in the gig bag in my bedroom (hence the great condition).

image.png.609e827a4c1d2002c1e3baff99ccc02d.png

image.png.188f4fa5826ca84ef36a22b0647ae5a9.png

image.png.c437aa91f2ad6e95043261fe3dc48fd7.pngimage.png.07406d4d8b54c676c869a1bbc7f4d3cf.png

image.png.be4b9010b158bd1704d85906e01f4ccf.png

I’m based in Shtrewsbury by the way. The reason for sale is I’ve got my eye on something expensive and so have to let some things go to fund it.

Collection is great, but can courier at buyers expense.

Look out for other for sale posts today or tomorrow, as I'm also selling a Genz Benz Streamliner 900, Barefaced Big Baby 2 (gen 3), Stagg EUB with lots of goodies, and a Phil Jones Bass double four.

Thanks for viewing.

image.png

image.png

Edited by DiceSociety
Item sold

Hi,

Is this still for sale?

If it is, what does it weigh?

Regards,

Doug

3 hours ago, irvined said:

Hi,

Is this still for sale?

If it is, what does it weigh?

Regards,

Doug

Hi Doug, 

Yes, it is still for sale.

It's pretty light, and comes in at a fraction under 3 kg or around 6.5 lbs. It's certainly the lightest bass I've ever owned anyway. 

Thanks

Rich

These basses have a really good reputation, and deservedly so.

This one looks lovely, and is in mint condition. It comes with a bound neck, pearloid fret inlays, original black pickguard, custom made mirrored pick guard, and a gig bag.

Grab a bargain!

...and bump. 

VM Jazz bass in mint condition with a bound neck, pearloid fret inlays, original black pickguard, custom made mirrored pick guard, and a gig bag.

These are great basses, Squier VM '77 Jazz, bound neck, pearloid block fret inlays, with original black scratchplate, and custom made mirrored scratchplate, and gig bag. Some interest, but still available.

These are great basses, Squier VM '77 Jazz, bound neck, pearloid block fret inlays, with original black scratchplate, and custom made mirrored scratchplate, and gig bag. Some interest, but still available.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BaritoneSpecial
      Hi all!
      I am looking for a Fender Jaguar Baritone Special HH. I am not interested in the Fender Jaguar Baritone Custom or VI models. 
      Last Baritone Special on Reverb.com was gone so quickly it didn't even appear in my feed. I have been watching Reverb, eBay, facebook, craigslist, kijiji and many other international classified-ad platforms with no luck.
      I live in Germany but accept offers from all over the world, ready to cover the high shipping costs and customs that'll come on top.
      Can anyone help me out?
      Cheers,
      Linda
    • By Hector
      A lovely example of a japanese 1962 reissue Pbass with, as expected, excellent Fuji-gen build quality. It's in (imo) the best colour/pickguard/fingerboard combo.
      Currently strung with Labella Deep Talkin Flats, and sounds fantastic - classic warm tone that sits wonderfully in the mix. It's served me very well, but these days I find myself reaching for my Jazz when I pick up electric at all. I'd keep it stored away as who doesn't need a great precision in their toolbox,  but life events and a house move are stressing the finances too much to justify.
      Serial number (see picture) puts it at 1999-2002. There are a few dings, which I have also captured in the pics.
      Comes with a padded gig bag.
      Happy to answer any questions, or provide more pictures (e.g. in better/natural lighting - doesn't do the tort full justice) on request.
      Up for sale only as I need the cash, so no trades please! Might be able to post at buyer's expense but would vastly prefer collection. Interested buyers welcome to try in London, happy to make a cup of tea at my place and chat bass with you 🙂

• By jamiesonk666
      Updated photos of a beloved squier jazz with the faux binding on the neck and block inlays

• By OliverBlackman
      Bass Comparison.mp3
      So I have found myself in a cool position where I have three different basses at three totally different price points, and I thought wouldn't it be fun to get people to try and guess which bass is which. All 3 are Fender style passive basses and the prices are for a new bass of equivalent model today rather than when i bought them.
      So on the recording are the three examples back to back, the first one being bass A, second bass B and third bass C. So hopefully you can vote for which one you think belongs to which price point.
      Soundcloud link: 

Now for the disclaimers: 1) this is just a bit of fun, I've not put too much time into this. 2) The basses have different strings of different ages. Not very scientific but again a bit of fun, 3) Yes there are mistakes in all 3 examples, especially Bass A where the timing in the middle goes somewhere else but again, its just for fun and i'm not that bothered about it. 4) Its been recorded through Garageband with not much interference on the original tone. The settings on the basses are just how I usually like them.
      I'll leave it up for 48 hours before giving the answers. Obviously a lot of you will be gigging tonight.
    • By DavidO
      Little-played Squier Jaguar for sale on behalf of our lead guitarist. who tried but failed to get to grips with playing the bass. (Fewer strings but more imagination needed, I'd guess 😉)
      Anyhoo, this short scale little thing is fairly light and pretty much unmarked. The only blemish I can see is on the back near the rear strap button, but it's very small and doesn't even show up on the photos. I've set it up myself, with a nice low action just short of fret buzz, and it plays really well. Comes with Fender gig bag.
      UK courier cost estimated at £20. Visitors welcome to inspect and play. We're near Junction 29 of the M1.