** SOLD ** Price drop  - £210 - Shiny…Squier VM Jazz Bass 77 for sale

Immaculate shiny condition and includes shiny mirror scratch plate and the original black one, plus a gig bag! - £210

Plus it’s very shiny….

This really is in as new condition, and the photos don’t do justice to how gorgeous this bass is with lacquered finish, white pearloid block neck inlays and choice of black or custom made mirrored scratch plate (both included) depending on how flamboyant you’re feeling.

image.png.0a79aa12f48ccfcbfc38b9622690d000.png

It’s also exceptionally light, easily the lightest bass I’ve ever tried anyway.

Squier's Vintage Modified Jazz Bass '77 features a sleek offset body, crisp dual Fender®-designed pickups and a super-fast "C"-shaped maple neck. Comfortable and sonically versatile, this bass offers super '77 sound and feel for today's bassists, along with superior Squier performance and value. (Fender website).

I bought this around 5 years ago from a fellow bass chatter. Originally intended as a back up to my American standard Jazz bass, this has seen hardly any use apart from a once over every 6 months to make sure it’s still in tune. Never gigged and has always been stored in the gig bag in my bedroom (hence the great condition).

image.png.609e827a4c1d2002c1e3baff99ccc02d.png

image.png.188f4fa5826ca84ef36a22b0647ae5a9.png

image.png.c437aa91f2ad6e95043261fe3dc48fd7.pngimage.png.07406d4d8b54c676c869a1bbc7f4d3cf.png

image.png.be4b9010b158bd1704d85906e01f4ccf.png

I’m based in Shtrewsbury by the way. The reason for sale is I’ve got my eye on something expensive and so have to let some things go to fund it.

Collection is great, but can courier at buyers expense.

Look out for other for sale posts today or tomorrow, as I'm also selling a Genz Benz Streamliner 900, Barefaced Big Baby 2 (gen 3), Stagg EUB with lots of goodies, and a Phil Jones Bass double four.

Thanks for viewing.

image.png

image.png

Edited by DiceSociety
Item sold

Hi,

Is this still for sale?

If it is, what does it weigh?

Regards,

Doug

3 hours ago, irvined said:

Hi,

Is this still for sale?

If it is, what does it weigh?

Regards,

Doug

Hi Doug, 

Yes, it is still for sale.

It's pretty light, and comes in at a fraction under 3 kg or around 6.5 lbs. It's certainly the lightest bass I've ever owned anyway. 

Thanks

Rich

These basses have a really good reputation, and deservedly so.

This one looks lovely, and is in mint condition. It comes with a bound neck, pearloid fret inlays, original black pickguard, custom made mirrored pick guard, and a gig bag.

Grab a bargain!

...and bump. 

VM Jazz bass in mint condition with a bound neck, pearloid fret inlays, original black pickguard, custom made mirrored pick guard, and a gig bag.

These are great basses, Squier VM '77 Jazz, bound neck, pearloid block fret inlays, with original black scratchplate, and custom made mirrored scratchplate, and gig bag. Some interest, but still available.

These are great basses, Squier VM '77 Jazz, bound neck, pearloid block fret inlays, with original black scratchplate, and custom made mirrored scratchplate, and gig bag. Some interest, but still available.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By silverfoxnik
      Hi Folks 
      So, this really, really is a feeler, but as I said in another for sale thread, I have my eye on something else, so am putting this beautiful example of a Fender Roscoe Beck 5 String & OHSC for sale. 
      I'm looking for £1350 or very near offer for this beautiful Fender signature series bass, which many have described as the best Fender 5 string bass ever made. 
      The bass is in superb condition and has one ding on the underside of the body which hopefully can be seen in the photos. 
      A completely passive bass, it has two double wound Bill Lawrence pick-ups that offer you series/parallel/single configuration for each pick-up , offering you a plethora of sounds/tones from standard Jazz Bass to the most modern Humbucker sounds. It's perhaps a little bit darker tonally than a standard Jazz bass, but with stainless steel round wounds, this bass works with any genre of music and any type of band.
      Here's a great thread about the RBV bass on TalkBass: 
      https://www.talkbass.com/threads/roscoe-beck-bass-v-5-string.38034/?amp=1012489606
      And here are some YouTube links:

The bass is currently strung and set up by mecto my taste, which means it has quite a high action and heavier gauge Carvin strings, so it would definitely benefit from a professional set up.. On that point and just to clarify, the truss rod is working perfectly so that won't be a problem.
      As ever, I'd prefer to sell this to someone who could come and try it out in person here in Littlehampton West Sussex first however, I am prepared to ship it at buyer's expense by insured courier service. 
      If you've any questions, please PM me or ask away here and I'll try to get back to you ASAP.
      I am away in Birmingham from tomorrow afternoon for 3 days , so please bear in mind that I may not be able to answer certain questions until I get back.
      Advertised elsewhere btw, and I reserve the right to change my mind as I really do love the RBVs that I've had over the last 12 years... but that dreaded GAS does come along to fry the common sense circuitry in my brain from time to time.. 
      Thanks for looking as ever 😊
      Nik 

• By silverfoxnik
      Hi Folks, 
      This is a bit of a feeler really as I have my eye on something else.. 
      So, this is - as far as I can tell from the serial number - a Made in Japan Fender Precision bass, circa 1991/2.
      I'm looking for £750 or very near offer for this beauty. 
      It sounds and looks great, has a beautiful Ash body and a slim, almost Jazz like maple neck and is in brilliant condition for a 27 year old bass.
      It's everything a 70s P Bass should be IMHO ! 😊
      Full disclosure ; there's one tiny ding on the neck which I'll try to photograph tomorrow when there's hopefully some decent light..
      It has been set up professionally and is currently strung with a set of Rotosound steels.  Comes with a functional hard case. 
      As ever, I'd prefer to sell this to someone who could come and try it out in person here in Littlehampton West Sussex first however, I am prepared to ship it at buyer's expense by insured courier service. 
      If you've any questions, please PM me or ask away here and I'll try to get back to you ASAP.
      I am away in Birmingham from tomorrow afternoon for 3 days , so please bear in mind that I may not be able to answer certain questions.. 
      Thanks for looking as ever! 😊
      Nik 

• By ianrendall
      Up for sale is my beloved Fender Roadworn P in Fiesta Red with Maple board. Currently wearing TI Flats. The pickups in these are really good and as such, the bass sounds great. I’ve had a few P’s in my time and this is the best I’ve had. Really nice condition.
      Selling as I only play my Sadowsky at the moment and an impending vehicle purchase means I need to let this go.

Nut 1.8”
      Weight 3.8kg
      No problem posting as long as you sort and finance it. I have the box my Sadowsky came in and will come with a serviceable Fender gig bag.

Sensible offers considered.

• By Woodinblack
      On Squier CV bass, picked originally over a fender MiM bass (which was actually not much more expensive) because it sounded and played better, not because of some inferiority complex as some people would have you believe
      I have kept this bass for several years because it had sentimental value, but it has been sitting around unplayed for several years and that is a bit pointless. All my basses are regularly gigged apart from this one, that hasn't been gigged since my last group 4 years ago. Because of the sitting around it does have crackling volume control, I will take that apart and spray it to see if it makes a difference.
      The other thing that kept me not wanting to sell it is the look of the neck when playing it - it really is nicer looking than all the other fender styles I had apart from the flame maple on my Maruszczyk. Unfortunately the thing that stops me playing it is I could park a truck between the strings, and for someone who thinks that the 16.5mm string spacing on the ibanez is a bit agrophobic, the 19mm+ spacing on these is way too much for me.
      So in the end I decided to trade it for a jazz, and as no trades came up here, I bought a jazz and now have to sell this.
      I have the metal plate thing that gets in the way of the bridge in a box somewhere which I could add.

I am currently lacking boxes as nothing I bought recently had one, so pickup is best for me, and any offers really depend on closeness. I can deliver or meet people within 30-40 miles of yeovil and I get to bath and bristol often, and maybe also exeter at weekends.