Why become a member? ×

SOLD on Ebay - Kala UBass Black 2-FS 2012 Non Preamp
£220

Aidan63

For sale only no trades thank you

in original Kala fitted gig-bag, 2012 Kala acoustic body UBass 2-FS model, in black, without preamp, shadow pickup direct output via strap pin type jack socket -

Kala Gloss Black U-Bass Specs:

Kala Gloss Black U-Bass

• Gloss Black
  • Solid Spruce Top
  • Mahogany back and sides
  • Mahogany neck
  • Rosewood fingerboard and bridge
  • 16 frets
  • 21 inch scale
  • Custom Die Cast Tuners
  • Proprietary Polyurethane strings
  • Custom Kala and Road Toad logo inlays
  • Custom Shadow Electronics
  • Separate compensated saddles for each string
  • List price includes a Deluxe Custom U-Bass Embroidered Logo Gig Bag
  • Meets all airline carry-on requirements
  • Set-up by Kala in the USA
  • Price: $550.00

Rosewood fretboard and bridge parts if that matters for travel now and going forward, which given the portability of the instrument and part of the Ubass' very raison d'être I guess it might

Fitted with a set of Aquila ThunderReds, the original Pahoehoe strings are included but they are 6 years old and were a already a bit stretched before I removed them

it's just like this one on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwtzkNre1_k

It's in pretty fair condition nothing much more than light use and normal marks, smoke free use: the rear hatch cover may have been replaced previously as it's not a perfect paint match or fit and there's a minor finish damage to the edge of it, but I see the one on the Youtube video also has a colour mismatch so that may be normal, I'm not the original owner, I bought it used from Ebay a couple of years ago and it had come used from the states via Ebay previously. I bought it as I wanted a fretted UBass to go with my fretless TWRBE, but I found a used fretted TWRBE so this is for sale now as I prefer the Tanglewoods with their slightly bigger dimensions (neck join 14th fret as opposed to 12th on Kala) , though the Kala is a better quality instrument but was certainly overpriced new due to 'brand value'. I have added a strap pin to the heel of the neck of this Ubass as I prefer strap attached there rather than acoustic guitar style shoestring behind the nut.

Including shipping mainland UK and paypal fees, bass is in SY22 if you want to come and try it, REDUCED TO £150 cash collected, £158 bank transfer shipped 

Pictures are not the best colourwise, but I have already packed it up to ship as I thought it had sold a few weeks ago and I don't want to unpack it again just to take more pictures

Thanks for looking

WP_20180708_002.jpg

WP_20180708_004.jpg

WP_20180708_005.jpg

WP_20180708_006.jpg

WP_20180708_007.jpg

WP_20180708_008.jpg

WP_20180708_009.jpg

Edited by Aidan63
Sold elsewhere

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...