Why become a member? ×

Rockstand 5/7 racks - foam tubing

AndyTravis

Inherited two of these, I’d rather like to keep them.

The foam tubing on them is tatty.

has anyone found decent replacement foam, I was thinking of pipe lagging insulation stuff.

might have a nip up to wickes at some point, but wondered if anyone else had ideas?

6 minutes ago, Johnny Wishbone said:

Yep, pipe lagging. That’s what we used on ours at the rehearsal room when the original stuff perished. Still going strong many years later!

You wouldn’t happen to know if the lagging reacts with nitro finished instruments? Some guitar stand foam does, but I seem to recall the last time I did pipe lagging it was less rubbery and more like plastic foam stuff.

Can’t help you there I’m afraid. Not sure any of our instruments are nitro’d. I would think however that given it’s more plastic than rubber foam (as you’ve mentioned) it’ll probably be ok.

At the risk of stating the obvious, lagging comes in more than one size. Try and find the thinner/smaller diameter stuff if you can, if only because it looks a bit less like pipe lagging! Shame it doesn’t come in black, really.

Edited by Johnny Wishbone

1 minute ago, Johnny Wishbone said:

Can’t help you there I’m afraid. Not sure any of our instruments are nitro’d. I would think however that given it’s more plastic than rubber foam (as you’ve mentioned) it’ll probably be ok.

At the risk of stating the obvious, lagging comes in more than one size. Try and find the thinner/smaller diameter stuff if you can, if only because it looks a bit less like pipe lagging! Shame it doesn’t come in black, really.

Yeah I’m not overtly worried about mine, but a mate has a 335 Which is about £4500 Worth and I’m not being held responsible if it’s reactive