Why become a member? ×

Prosebass Fretless Humbucker Jazz Mk1

deaver

One or two of you may be familiar with the story behind this so I won't repeat it again here.

Anyhow, I've had the Prosebass Fretless Humbucker a few days now - once Beedster had finished beta-testing for me - so it's time for a few words of appreciation from the owner of the Mk1 of this bass.

I'm no tech head and definitely not an expert player but this is my opinion. This bass is fantastic, it's unique, plays superbly and is better built than any other bolt-on neck bass I've ever owned.

I've barely been able to put it down since I've had it and I've enjoyed every second of it.

A word to anyone of thinking going down the fretless route - don't dither - give it a go. I've already managed to nail some of the bands songs on the bass, I'm not showing off - it's not as difficult as you might think.

Back to the bass, Prosebass and Beedster have offered different opinions to it's tone, mine would lie somewhere between the two, probably erring towards a more 'vintage' tone.

Mrs Deaver asked whether or not it was the best bass I'd ever owned, it's simpler than that, it's the best anything I've ever owned.

Incredible at the price really, Prosebass I salute you

[quote name='deaver' post='340440' date='Nov 29 2008, 01:24 PM']One or two of you may be familiar with the story behind this so I won't repeat it again here.

Anyhow, I've had the Prosebass Fretless Humbucker a few days now - once Beedster had finished beta-testing for me - so it's time for a few words of appreciation from the owner of the Mk1 of this bass.

I'm no tech head and definitely not an expert player but this is my opinion. This bass is fantastic, it's unique, plays superbly and is better built than any other bolt-on neck bass I've ever owned.

I've barely been able to put it down since I've had it and I've enjoyed every second of it.

A word to anyone of thinking going down the fretless route - don't dither - give it a go. I've already managed to nail some of the bands songs on the bass, I'm not showing off - it's not as difficult as you might think.

Back to the bass, Prosebass and Beedster have offered different opinions to it's tone, mine would lie somewhere between the two, probably erring towards a more 'vintage' tone.

Mrs Deaver asked whether or not it was the best bass I'd ever owned, it's simpler than that, it's the best anything I've ever owned.

Incredible at the price really, Prosebass I salute you[/quote]

+1 to all of the above re build quality and playability. I'd disagree with you on tone, that is, I don't think Paul and I disagreed, it was just the wrong tone for me and this was totally my fault for not reading Paul's thread as well as I should have (I really am a 60/70's tone kinda guy and, given the PUP style and position, expected the tone to be pretty much like a Telebass). However, if I have a specific requirement for a custom build or modification to one of my basses in future, I would certainly speak to Paul regarding the work as he clearly works to very high specifications.
Keep working on that fretless technique, a little every day and it comes real quick :) .
Chris