Why become a member? ×

What have I done to my wiring?!

donslow

2 hours ago, hooky_lowdown said:

What sort of music do you play donslow?

If you decide to solder pots I highly recommend full size Alpha pots, similar to CTS only a lot cheaper. As for a cap, if you are into vintage/Motown stuff I suggest a paper in oil (PIO) 0.1 cap.

Music I play is quite varied really but mostly doing the blues thing at the minute,  I have a 0.47 cap at the minute just to get the bass up and running again but will certainly look into the lower value you suggested

The SD SPB3's are a middy pup. I believe most 50s P basses had PIO 0.1 caps, basically the higher the value the more high's are cut from your signal, these include middy high's as well.

As you play varied musical styles, then the SPB3's is probably a good choice for pup, to cut some of the mid's I suggest you play with the eq of your amp. AFAIK no pup is ideal for all styles of music, you need a good amp with a good eq to dial in the different tones you want. Otherwise your tone knob is your friend.