Why become a member? ×

mbass, what is their value

Sean.Robinson

[quote name='Sean.Robinson' post='339917' date='Nov 28 2008, 05:38 PM']hi, ive just been offered a mbass on a trade, but as i dont know much about them i dont know how good of a trade it is, does anyone know what there value is secondhand?[/quote]

I know nothing about them but value is dead easy... what someone is prepared to pay. :)

I'm not trying to be arsey but they are approx $3500 for a new 4 stringer so in the current climate you can slash 50% off that for it being used, even if it is basically 'new'. After that start praying that someone is looking for exactly what you have otherwise the price is going down from there. If you were talking about a well known, desirable manufacturer that has a proven track record of holding value then you could value it differently but mbass? Probably great basses but value is a fickle thing. Just my humble wotsit. :huh:

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='339996' date='Nov 28 2008, 07:12 PM']I know nothing about them but value is dead easy... what someone is prepared to pay. :)

I'm not trying to be arsey but they are approx $3500 for a new 4 stringer so in the current climate you can slash 50% off that for it being used, even if it is basically 'new'. After that start praying that someone is looking for exactly what you have otherwise the price is going down from there. If you were talking about a well known, desirable manufacturer that has a proven track record of holding value then you could value it differently but mbass? Probably great basses but value is a fickle thing. Just my humble wotsit. :huh:[/quote]

Its very much appreciated and youve addressed my main concern as id never heard of them until the trade was offered.

Putting it through xe and halfing the price it works out at about £1300 and for the messing about the trade would be id be hoping for £1500 for it to be worthwhile so probably worth giving this one a miss.

Heres some pics:

[attachment=16573:M3.jpg]
[attachment=16569:1122081008.jpg]
[attachment=16570:1122081009a.jpg]
[attachment=16571:1122081009b.jpg]
[attachment=16572:1122081009c.jpg]

so would we say £1500 is asking too much for this?

[quote name='Sean.Robinson' post='340010' date='Nov 28 2008, 07:28 PM']Its very much appreciated and youve addressed my main concern as id never heard of them until the trade was offered.

so would we say £1500 is asking too much for this?[/quote]

Put it this way; I'll probably be putting a 'very well known' manufacturers 5 string up for sale in about a week, which cost a bit more new than the mbass and I'd 'probably' be lucky to get a quick sale at the £1500 that you are asking! Draw your own conclusions from that :)