Why become a member? ×

Adding a feedback circuit to a fuzz pedal

TomRandles97

I've made a couple of muff's for friends of mine and thought I'd make one for myself. I'm planning on adding a feedback circuit, similar to the self-oscillation circuit that Fuzzrocious do. I'd probably wire it up with a momentary foot switch to activate the feedback. Does anyone have any experience of adding such a thing to fuzz? any schematics would be greatly appreciated. 

22 hours ago, dannybuoy said:

I added a feedback loop to my Bass Big Muff here:

https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/112212-bass-big-muff-volume-and-feedback-mods/

There are a few different places you can create them, try a wire with probes at either end and work out what sounds good!

Nice one! I borrowed a friends BBM once and found the whole thing with the volume to be a bit of a pain. 

Did you modify the circuit much to add the oscillation mod? I can only find diagrams online for making a feedback looper as a separate pedal, and while that would be cool to try with different effects, I'd prefer to save space on my board. I was thinking of just using this diagram and wiring what would be the send and return jack tips to the input and output of the circuit. Also swap out the SPDT for a momentary foot switch. Do you reckon that would work?

tumblr_lfwjj510Ya1qemwmy.gif.79ac14443416f943c9c1ff1154c63789.gif

Or like you said, try some probes in different places. 

My feedback mod was literally a wire connecting two transistor legs with a switch in between. 

I've had a feedback loop box like the one pictured, it doesn't work with all pedals and the end result was slightly different to the feedback loop I added to my BBM. But definitely worth getting one for exploring what sounds you can get out of it!

Hard wiring the input to the output with a pot and momentary switch will work in many cases, but try it out with a probe before you solder anything!

Edited by dannybuoy