Why become a member? ×

Avon P-bass MIJ 70's - SOLD!
£175

casapete

OK, what we have here is an Avon P-bass, model number 3428, from the mid 1970's. Made in Japan, with what looks like a 3 piece ash body and maple neck.

As far as I know it's all original, with the exception of the knobs which are recent due to the originals having gone walkabout for some reason. Plays and sounds great, strung with 45-100 D'Addarios. Action is medium / low. Only thing it could do with are two machine head bushings - the tuners all work fine though. Weight wise it's on the lighter side - my rather primitive scales say around 7.5 to 8 lbs, and it does feel like it. For a 40+ year old bass it's in pretty good condition - some marks etc but nothing horrible. PM me for more pics if you're interested. All in all a great Japanese P-bass for the price of a s/h Squier.

Cash on collection greatly preferred - I'm in East Yorkshire 10 miles west of Hull. Possible help with delivery / meet up, depending on where and when of course. I do travel around a bit, so you never know! Postage / courier is an option, but would probably need to involve a hard case at an additional cost.

Any questions please ask, cheers.

Edited by casapete

• 2 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic