Why become a member? ×

UBASS BOOK

danieledencs

Ciao!

I'm Daniele Vacca, from Rome, Italy.

I'm a Kala official Endorser, And I play Ubass since many years. I love this instrument!

With my band www.facebook.com/ukusinfabula we go often abroad for festival. This year, for example we have been in Australia and Scotland in April, and Israel and Austria in May, and Poland in June.

I wrote a  book in english about the UBASS, a method. If anybody is interested about that... please contact me!

Hoping to receive a feedback!

Grazie

Dani

• Like 1

Meh... mine hasn't had a look-in since I bought a Deko Harley Benton Uke bass. The U-bass looks great but has the bridge placed wrong making the intonation intolerable, and the pickup has a known issue, the "fix" for which makes the intonation even worse. Have to say I couldn't recommend them at all. Despite the sharp fret ends and plain-jane looks the Harley Benton is a vastly superior instrument at a fraction of the price. YMMV of course...

• 1 month later...

I will always be thankful to Kala (and a guy in a shop in Exeter) for introducing the U-bass to me but IMHO they are no longer value for money. There are many competitors out there now but Kala do not seem to have responded (tell me I'm wrong) with any budget versions of the U-bass. I don't doubt their quality is up there (although Bigwan's comment here might suggest otherwise) but I bought a Countryman at just about a 1/3 of the price of a Kala and it's pretty hard to tell the difference TBH in terms of sound and it has been much admired.

• Like 1