Why become a member? ×

SOLD Bass Doc 60s P Bass with jazz neck
£550

Larry_M

This a great P Bass with a jazz neck.  It is by the Bass Doc. 

I've only had it a couple of weeks.  I had a plan you see!  I'd buy this (with the jazz neck) and sell my CIJ P bass which I bought in Toyko in 2007 and is really nice.  I don't play the P much any more as I've been playing an AVRI jazz for the last few years - love the jazz neck and it's a beautiful bass, but wanted the P sound again.

So I bought this.  It plays superbly and sounds better than my CIJ.  But, when it came to putting the CIJ up for sale ... well, it has loads of sentimental value and I decided I don't want to let it go.  And so here I am in the odd position of selling a great bass that was exactly what I wanted, and keeping one that's not as good.  But there you go.

I bought it for £550 and selling for £550.  Comes with Fender gig bag.  Would need to be collection from either London (SE5) or York but I can meet somewhere within reason, or if less reasonable then maybe an extra £10 or £20 to help with the train fare.

It weighs about 3.5kg.  Specs from original ad:

• Fender 62 reissue body
  • Allparts Jazz neck with slab board
  • Fender vintage bridge
  • Antiquity pick up
  • Bass Doc Tortie scratch plate
  • Gotoh reverse tuners
  • Fender neck plate
  • OBBM loom
  • D'addario 40 -100 nickel wounds

Original thread, with pictures and with some absolutely spot on praise from previous owners:

Edited by Larry_M
Sold