Why become a member? ×

Gibson EB-3 1969 modified *PRICEDROP* £1225
£1350

neilmurraybass

I’m reluctantly selling my 1969 (or 1966, according to serial number research) Gibson EB-3, which someone before me has modified, substituting a DiMarzio Model 1 pickup in place of the Gibson ‘mudbucker’ and replacing the original bridge with a Schaller 2000-4 bridge. I do not have, and have never had, the original parts. The DiMarzio pickup is less boomy and muddy than the original, and the Schaller bridge allows for more adjustment than the original.

As can be seen in the photos, there are many dings, dents and cracked lacquer in the original finish, but it sounds just like a 60s EB-3 should, particularly with the La Bella flatwound strings that are fitted. Like me, if you love Jack Bruce and Andy Fraser, this is the bass for you! A pristine ’60s EB-3 would go for £3,000-£4,000+, but this bass is for playing, not storing in a glass case!

Sale only, no trades, sorry.

[Edited now to show photos]

Supplied with an old Hiscox case.

Would prefer not to ship, unless unavoidable, depending on buyer’s location.

Serial number: 806879

Scale length: 30 ½”

Single string spacing at bridge: 17 mm

Total string spacing at bridge: 52 mm

DSCF6085.jpg

DSCF6089.jpg

DSCF6093.jpg

DSCF6088.jpg

DSCF6092.jpg

DSCF6087.jpg

DSCF6091.jpg

DSCF6086.jpg

DSCF6090.jpg

Edited by neilmurraybass
Photos didn't display because Photobucket subscription charge required

Hi Neil

You're photos aren't showing, mainly because stupid photobucket changed their business model to force users to pay for 3rd party hosting.

Easy solution: Just edit your post and delete the photobucket links; then open the directory on your computer where the eb3 image files are located. Drag each file across to the post editing window and they'll automatically upload.

Good luck with your sale :)

• Like 1

Nil desperandum Neil. Putting photos on BassChat got a lot easier after the re-design. The old way was a complete faff and data allowance was miniscule.

For future reference Imgur is pretty much the same as Photobucket, works the same way and it's still free as far as I know.

Anyway, lovely old bass at a very fair price and I'd have it in a shot were I not horribly skint.

Edited by skankdelvar