Why become a member? ×

Sold *****Squier VM5 P-Bass in Candy Apple Red
£220

BassBunny

Squire Vintage Modified 5 String P-Bass in a stunning Candy Apple Red.
These have a very good name and this one plays incredibly well. It's an Indonesian made one, so from the Cort factory, and is unbelievable quality regardless of the price.
The lightweight contoured basswood body fits you like a glove, while the fast maple neck gives you classic Precision playability. And speaking of classic, this instrument's Fender-designed split-coil Precision pickup is perfectly positioned to deliver fat, punchy bass tone. 
I have upgraded electronics with CTS pots and a switchcraft jack. The bridge has been upgraded to a brass Wilkinson which is just superb and the scratchplate has been replaced with a Mint Green one for an even more "vintage look". When i replaced the pots i went for Linear instead of Log pots so there is a more even change in the Volume and Tone. Also went for a 0.1 μF orange drop capacitor to give it a bit more "Motown Thump".
There are a couple of dings on the back that I cannot photograph as it's so shiny and they haven't gone through the paint. Also the previous owner did a strange "mod", that i now understand, by adding 2 additional strap buttons above and below the original one. Apparently they are so you can stand the bass up without it falling over but i have removed them and plugged the holes and drop-filled with the nearest colour nail varnish I could find. You have to look quite hard to see them.

Edited by BassBunny
Now Sold
  • Like 1