Why become a member? ×

Furman Power Conditioners - can't complain about the service.

Thaibass

Hi all
Just wondering if any others here have experienced the after-sales service provided by Furman? 

Furman Power Conditioners - can't complain about the service....... because there is none!

I bought my Furman PL-8 CE some 3 years ago for light home studio use and for the past 18 months it had gone from a 10-30 sec delay to start up (click, then lights on/power up) to a yet to be understood formulae of random operation not that dissimilar to successfully picking lottery numbers ....well to now.... NEVER!
I emailed Furman last month and was appropriately filed as being #CASE1498647 (and then again last week) seeking advice and their local authorised repair shop. 
No response!

In hindsight, what a trap I have committed myself into buying expensive, imported Furman gear, adapting all my power leads to Schuko specifications to find myself stuck with a conditioner that has been "dodgy" for nearly 2 years and has now rendered my rig totally inoperable for over a month.

Am I wrong in my assumption that Furman customer support, aftersales service and product really sucks??

Thanks, Dan

Somewhat challenging in this part of the world.  It was sold to me in a sealed box, then tested in the shop buy the authorized imported in Thailand  - Home Hi-Fi Co., Ltd. a hi-fi store in Bangkok.

I initially emailed them and followed up with a phone call (which was dropped when the questions became too hard) 3 months ago when the problems started to escalate, hence why I went to the manufacturer.  This type of "aftersales service" is not restricted to this company alone.