Why become a member? ×

Marshall B150 FS/FT!

JamieBenzies

Hello everyone,
For sale is my Marshall Bass State MB150 Bass Combo. It is a 'Hybrid' bass amp which contains mainly solid state circuitry, apart from a valve in the 7-Band EQ Preamp.
It has done valiantly for a variety of genres at a variety of volumes for 2 years since i bought it 2nd hand for £380.

It has a lovely tone and is really nice for funky playing. The EQ gives a good range in the sound, while you can also boost Lows or Highs with the 'Bright' and 'Deep' buttons.

The person who owned this amp before me was nice enough to secure heavy duty wheels onto the bottom of the amp, this makes it far easier to wheel around to the nearest pet shop and make the parrots develop serious mental illnesses with your delirious funky rhythms.

As it stands the active input doesn't work, however I have found an online retailer which sells the part that needs replacing for $6 (not including postage). If you wanna have a look here's the link: www.tubesandmore.com/ . If anyone would definitely want it if I fixed the input I will happily do that.

I have decided not to fix it myself as a buyer might be happy with the passive input which works with perfection!

Spec:
[list]
[*]Power (RMS): 150 Watt
[*]1x 15"
[*]FX Loop
[*]Line Out
[*]7-band Graphic EQ
[*]SLS Limiter Circuit
[*]Soft-Knee Compressor
[*]Valve/Solid-State Blend Control
[*]Deep & Bright Switches
[*]XLR DI Output
[*]Dimensions (mm): 622(w) x 609(h) x 384(h)
[*]Weight: Upwards of 39kg (39kg being without wheels)
[/list]

[attachment=16503:IMG_4499.JPG]
[attachment=16505:IMG_4486.JPG]
[attachment=16504:IMG_4497.JPG]

I would prefer for people to pick up but I don't mind if anyone wants to arrange a courier.

Open to any trade propositions,

make me an offer!

Edited by benzies123

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've used my B150 for about 10 years now, I've gigged and practiced with it and people have moaned "Oh god, Marshall? I use Eden." I've played through it and they've eaten their words. I totally love mine.

The tone can be Ampeggy (Just cut 500hz), SWR and Marshall with the valve/tran preamp, 7band graphic and Gain control. I cannot overstate how much I love it!! It now resides in a damp basement/practise room and still causes no problems!!

Dan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

[quote name='Al Heeley' post='691092' date='Dec 21 2009, 10:49 PM']Had my B150 up for sale here for 10 months! Bloody glad no-one bought it as I've had to send my main combo + extn cab back for failing on me, and the MB150 is dusted down and back in service again for the christmas + new year gigs. Anyway good luck on selling yours.[/quote]

This has been up here longer then 10 months now I think!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='GaryTheBassMan' post='858617' date='Jun 6 2010, 01:36 AM']I may be interested, Im moving into a flat and a full ampeg stack aint gonna please the neighbours!!

What would be the price for this if you were to get the active input fixed?[/quote]

Sorry I have taken so long to reply, you have a PM coming your way!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...