Scorpion King

Aria Sinsonado AS-690B Bass / Travel Bass Guitar, Fretted, Reduced to £150
£250

Suitable to use as a travel bass or for practicing at home, at work, in the car either with headphones or through an amp.

Right-handed, 4-string, fretted.

Light & easy/comfortable to play.

Bass is in excellent condition.

Price reduced to £150.

New, the AS-691B is currently for sale for £479 so grab yourself a bargain.

No trades, thanks.

It was previously sold but the buyer returned it to me due to it making a humming noise.

When tested again at home, it does not hum.  I would, therefore, prefer the buyer to come and test it out first to satisfy themselves it is OK.

I am based in the West Midlands near Coventry/Leamington/Warwick.

Happy to arrange mutually convenient place to meet/exchange.

Alternatively, I can ship it at an additional cost of £16.

Spec

Body:                            Mahogany

Neck:                            Maple

Fretboard:                     Rosewood

Scale Length:               860mm (34 inches)

Number of Frets:          24

Total Length:                104 cm (41 inches) w/o strap button.

Width of body:              13 cm

Width @ nut / 12 Fret:  39mm / 54mm

String spacing:             17mm (at bridge)

Weight:                        2.0kg

Frame:                         Aluminum covered in soft rubber tubing.  Detachable for travelling/storage.

Pickups:                       Stereo condenser microphone / piezo pickup with active electronics.
Controls:                      Volume, Tone x 2 (treble, bass)

Bridge:                         Original SoloEtte round type, Rosewood

Hardware:                    Black

Accessories:                Soft, padded carry bag (small split 14 cm where material has come away from zip,

caused by me using too much bubble wrap as extra padding).

Headphones (fold down, not great but do the job).

Any questions, please ask.

IMG_0795.JPG

IMG_0597.JPG

IMG_0598.JPG

IMG_0599.JPG

IMG_0793.JPG

IMG_0794.JPG

IMG_0797.JPG

IMG_0799.JPG

IMG_0800.JPG

IMG_0801.JPG

IMG_0804.JPG

IMG_0805.JPG

IMG_0602.JPG

IMG_0810.JPG

IMG_0812.JPG

IMG_0814.JPG

IMG_0604.JPG

IMG_0605.JPG

IMG_0802.JPG

IMG_2572.JPG

IMG_2573.JPG

Edited by Scorpion King
Sale fell through
  • Like 1

Hi! 

I would like to buy you Sinsonado bass. However, I live in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.  Is there a possibility that we could meet halfway? Say somewhere on the M1 north of Derby.

Cheers, Pete

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By meterman
      In the summer I bought an excellent MIJ Squier Bullet Bass from Gareth of this very forum. And it really was excellent. It recorded beautifully and looked handsome, which always helps. But I ended up having difficulty playing it for long due to the state of my left shoulder, neck and back problems and this made me move towards something short scale and hollow bodied. I'd planned to sell the 34" scale Squier Bullet and buy a 30" scale hollow body bass, before emigrating on the 17th of December. I'd advertised the Bullet on here but it didn't sell so I was resigned to taking it with me but still getting another bass before I moved to France. And then maybe buying something online from Thoman.fr or Le Bon Coin once I'd moved.
      On the night of the 14th I googled 'Hofner Violin Bass' just out of curiosity and the search results threw up a load of results but at the top of the first page were a load of ads for Hofners, from Thomann, Absolute Music, Guitar Guitar etc. And among them was an Ignition series Hofner Violin Bass at a stupidly cheap price with 48hr delivery so I hit the buy-it-now button and hoped for the best. Me and my wife were fully occupied, still packing up boxes of our belongings for the move, so I didn't have much time to think about it but hoped it would arrive before we left for France.
      On the 16th I had a mate come down to Brighton to buy my old 1960's Philips organ. He's a pedal-steel player by trade but he's just got a studio space in north London and before he set off for Brighton he was looking for a bass on the Facebook marketplace in East Sussex. He hadn't found a bass but he did collect a Fender Twin from somehwere on the way. Then he got to our place and he saw the Bullet bass, picked it up, said "God, how light is this?!" and fell in love with it and we did a deal. While he was playing the Bullet, the doorbell rang, it was the courier guy with the Hofner Bass. When he handed me the box I thought it was an empty box, that's how light these things are. Even double boxed with bubblewrap it still felt empty. When I opened the boxes and got the Hofner bass out I was surprised at just how light it was. I don't have any scales so I didn't weigh it, but it's probably about the same as two packets of crisps or something daft like that. Big packets of crisps obviously, but you get my drift.
      Our move was being co-ordinated and handled by Douglas a.k.a. @Dad3353 and he knows a fair bit about Hofners so I handed it to him and he said, yeah they're all usually pretty light. Didn't have a lot of time to spare before the morning of the 17th so I boxed it back up ready for the move. I was sad to see the Bullet go but at least I knew I was going to a good home, and I did mates rates on it because I've known him for years and we'd done sessions together etc. All good.
      Anyhow we did the drive from Brighton to South of France (well @Dad3353 did, I just looked out the window and drank fizzy pop) and the day after we settled in I got the Hofner Violin Bass out, plugged it into a little practice amp and fell in love   - It's such a funky sounding little thing, super light, and has more bottom end than it looks like it should. Couldn't stop playing it, didn't want to put it down. The neck is so easy to get used to, and the pickups are great. It has more sustain than I was expecting but flats and a bit of foam at the bridge should sort that. The whole feel of it is superb for the money, I can fully recommend the Ignition series violin bass if anyone is thinking about one, they're ace. 
      I removed the guard as I prefer the look without one, and I couldn't get on with the roundwound strings that came with it though, so tried putting on a used set of Roto black nylon flats I had hanging about. But the E string was too big to fit into the tiny little guitar machine heads that the Hofner has. No problem, I've got a set of D'Addario Chrome flats that I'd had on my last Mustang bass, I'll just put them on. But no, the gauge is still too big for the tuners. Fergling little Bergstedts!!! 😡😆
      So I've ordered a set of Hofner Contemporary flats from Thomann. They haven't arrived yet so I'm still making do with the roundwounds, but once they arrive I'll get them straight on and record some clips. Meanwhile, here's the obligatory pics:

And because @Len_derby asked for a pic of it in the sunshine I took it out onto the balcony of our apartment and took a quick pic. It's not my best photo, but the sun was out and it was 14 degrees here. I was even wearing shorts but of course nobody wants to see that 😂 Anyway here's the bass in the sun:

If anyone is on the fence about buying one of these, or can't quite make their mind up, all I can say is the one I got is brilliant. Wish I'd bought one years ago. If you see one at a decent price go for it 👍
    • By loremil
      Price drop: £20

Neotech neoprene padded guitar strap, ideal for heavy instruments and very adjustable. Overall strap length: 36"–45" (91,4cm–114,3cm) .
      Collection in Hackney, London or shipment at buyer's expense. Thanks for looking.

• By Baloney Balderdash
      Is a cheap, lightweight, minimum 200W, powered, full range, flat response cab, with a flat response at max. 50Hz, and ideally with some kind of control over the high frequency tweeter as well, too much to ask for?
      I would think yes, by far most likely, but I am open for suggestions of something that at least somewhat approximates that.
    • By Rollo
      For sale/For Trade a beautiful MTD 535-21 from 1995, very good shape, lightweight (3.7kg) and very rare with this woods configuration.
      It's a bass from second year of the MTD's production (finished in December 1995), delivered with original brown hardcase and Mike's letter.
      Its weight is really surprising for a 5 string and it is very balanced. The sound is filled with growl and presence, lots of low-mids and a really strong character.
      This is according to Tobias, the sound he had in mind when he thought about the evolution he wanted to make by launching this new brand in the early 90s.

Here are specifications :
      Body : Korina, lightweight whith a wonderlful golden color
      Neck : Wenge, quartersawn, one piece, 4 screws bolt-on with asymetric profile
      Fingerboard : One piece of Wenge
      Scale : 35"
      Frets : 21 + 1 frets silver/nickel in perfect shape
      Headstock : 2 + 3 with Wenge veneer
      Nut : Bone
      Pickups : Originals MTD/Bartolini, inverted P pickups
      Preamp : Original MTD/Bartolini, works with two battery, +/-9v configuration
      Controls : Volume/Blend/Bass/Mids/Treble + Mediums frequencies switch 250/400/800 Hz
      Tunes : Originals Gotoh GB707
      Bridge : Original Wilkinson in perfect condition
      Strings Spacing at Bridge : 19mm
      Strings Spacing at Nut : 9mm
      Knobs : MTD
      Hardware color : Black
      Trussrod : One working and perfect set up rod
      Land of Craftsmanship : Handmade in USA
      Weight : 3.7kg

This bass is very easy to play and the weight is super nice when you are standing. The bass has a few strokes and a few marks, but nothing bad for a bass of this age.
      It’s an instrument that has been played and that resonates wonderfully. The sound is typical MTD, with snap and an unbeatable slap sound. The woods used really offer a very ample and imposing sound, with a very good definition and a really important presence in a mix.

You can see pictures in full HD here : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18LL6pQFNSi13FkmicCoRCf_hwKYAFCxp?usp=sharing
      And listen a lots of soundclips here : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lENbaYYXVDuhg6jlYJiZX5azU6uf8fj3?usp=sharing
      Don’t hesitate if you want additional photos or soundclips.

For exchanges I am quite open, I am interested in fretted or fretless basses, from 4 to 6 strings.
      Rather looking for a Fbass, Leduc, Ken Smith, or whatever...
      Submit !

For information :
      Price new in 1995: $ 3500 + $ 300 (Wenge neck and fingerboard) + $ 300 (Korina body) + $ 140 (Hardcase) = $ 4240 or current $ 7240 with dollar inflation
      Current new price: $ 5,200 + $ 500 (Wenge neck and fingerboard) + $ 300 (Korina body) + $ 450 (Hardcase) = $ 6,450

3200£ is for average trade value.
      For straight sale, price is negociable.

Bomb-proof shipping OK

• By ezbass
      Up for sale is my Maruszczyk Jake L in Fiesta Red (very Pino). I bought this new in mid April of last year. It has been gigged a few times and, apart from the usual swirls, is in great condition. Sounds just like you'd expect a P Bass to sound. 
      Jake L (Precision type) chambered alder body.
      34" Scale maple neck, katalox fretboard with MOP dots.
      19mm bridge spacing, 40mm nut width.
      Standard Maruszczyk split coil pickup, passive circuit.
      Tort, 3 ply pickguard.
      Weighs 7lbs 3ozs (3.3kg ish).
      Hardware is standard Maruszczyk fitment.
      Maruszczyk gig bag.
      Currently fitted with Ernie Ball Cobalt Flats.