Why become a member? ×

Ibanez 2018 SRMS805 multi-scale fanned fret (now £650)
£700

ForestPoetry

This bass is virtually brand new 10/10 condition. Having spent a few weeks with it, it's perfect in pretty much every way, but on reflection the tone just isn't for me. Got my heart set on a Yamama TRB/BB, need something fatter and more vintage sounding I think.

The fanned fret neck is an absolute joy and practically plays itself, I adapted to it within minutes. Powerful modern active sound, versatile features. The burled poplar top is a real eye catcher! Super light weight, as with a lot of SRs the neck is heavier than the body! Lots of hardwood in the neck so it's very bright and punchy. Specs:

Multi-scale 35.5" @ B to 34" @ G (not as extreme as Dingwall et al)
Mahogany/Walnut/Burled poplar body
Jatoba/Walnut neck w/ Panga Panga fretboard
Bartolini BH2 humbuckers w/ 3-band EQ and 3-way mid selector
Mono-rail bridge (adjustable string spacing)
Active/passive toggle

The bass is in brand new condition minus a small (what looks like) metallic paint mark on the finish at the controls, not sure why but it looks fairly easily removable if you're bothered. These retail at just shy of £900 so please, grab a discount! These higher end SRs are some serious kit. It just doesn't suit me like I thought it would. I have all the orig. packaging so can ship at cost, collection is preferred however.

IMG_20180324_202610.jpg

IMG_20180324_202630.jpg

IMG_20180324_202702.jpg

Edited by ForestPoetry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...