Why become a member? ×

Crate BT50 - Combo c/w Footswitch. Octave etc.

eubassix

Had absolutely no intention of buying this (for son, who's since lost interest) from Sound Control: but when comparing similar units, this was head-and-shoulders above the others in the same price range (£150)
Distortion channel is unused (no idea why they included it TBH) but the Octave is OK and the built-in (top) tuner very handy.
Good sound, size and features.
I've included as much info. as possible (below) re. the specs etc. Certainly not a high-end Combo, but works well for practice, small venues and is in mint condition with Crate Footswitch included.

[b]£SOLD !!![/b] collected, or could arrange Courier

[b]Crate BT50[/b]: 50W and a 12" bass driver. 2 channels: a distortion channel with gain, shape, and level controls; and a clean channel with level, 4-band EQ, and an octave switch with level for boosting bottom end. It includes the CSF2 2-button footswitch for switching channels and kicking in the octave switch from the floor. Limiter, chromatic tuner, headphone jack, and CD inputs are also incorporated.
Crate BT50 The [b]Front Panel[/b]: INPUT: GAIN: SHAPE: Distortion channel. LEVEL: CHANNEL SWITCH: When using the footswitch: when this button is in the out position, the Clean channel is always active, and the footswitch turns the Distortion channel on and off, allowing you a blend of both channels. LEVEL: output level of the Clean channel, and as part of the Octave level control
NOTE: employs an internal noise gate to keep residual noise to a minimum. Regardless of which channel is selected, the Clean channel's Level control (#6) must be turned up above "0" in order for the noise gate to trigger. LOW: LOW MID: HIGH MID: HIGH: OCTAVE: MASTER: CD INPUT: HEADPHONES: POWER: ELECTRONIC TUNER (top panel): constant, "real-time" tuning. The tuner is fully chromatic.
The [b]Rear Panel[/b] (not shown): AC LINE CORD: FOOTSWITCH: Crate CFP-2 for remote control of the channel selection/"blend" and octave on/off.
EXTERNAL SPEAKER: internal speaker is disconnected when the external speaker jack is used.
Crate BT50 [b]Features[/b]:
· Crate 12" bass driver
· 50W RMS
· Chromatic tuner
· Distortion channel with gain, shape, and level
· Clean channel with level, 4-band EQ, and foot-switchable octave with level
· Limiter
· Headphone jack
· RCA CD input
· CFS2 Footswitch Included
· 21"W x 18"H x 14"D
· 46 lbs.
Crate BT50 [b]Specifications[/b]:
· Output Power Rating 50W RMS 2% THD, 4U
· Gain Distortion Channel 104dB
· Clean Channel 63dB
· CD Inputs 37dB
· Tone Range Low 21dB ® 50Hz
· Lo Mid 23dB ® 150Hz
· Hi Mid 18dB ® 1kHz
· High 34dB ®10kHz
· Signal to Noise Ratio 75dB
· Input Impedance 220k ohms 220k ohms
· Maximum Signal Accepted 15 volts peak-to-peak
· Input Power Requirements 85VA
230VAC, 50/60Hz, 45VA 230VAC, 50/60Hz, 85VA
· Internal Speaker Size 12"
· Type Crate Custom Crate Custom
· Magnet 30 oz.
· Voice Coil 1.5"
· RMS Rating 50 watts
· Impedance 8 ohms
· Size 21" H x 18" W x 14" D
· Weight 46 lbs

Edited by eubassix

I did a bit of research on these whilst looking for decent combo.I have the BT350 head which i reckon is a damn fine piece of kit.The BT 50's get cracking reviews on harmony central and if i didnt have my DB500 i'd of bit your hand of for this.Gotta be a steal at £69.
good luck with it. :)